Chapter 13

Nothing else seemed to matter to Kagome. Everything around her melted away and it was just her and Itachi. She didn't understand the sudden bubbly feeling in her stomach. Yeah, she kissed Inuyasha once when he had turned into a full demon, but the feeling she was feeling now wasn't there.

"What... is this?" she thought to herself.

Then he pulled away for much needed air. Kagome opened her eyes and noticed he was now beatred.

"S-sorry... I shouldn't have done that..." he looked away from her, embarrassed.

"It's... Okay," Kagome replied softly.

He shook his head, but left it alone. The two sat on the branch in silence.

"I'm going to go back to sleep," she murmured. He nodded and watched as she slipped off the branch and crawled into her sleeping bag.

He put his head in his hands and sighed. "Sorry Shisui..."

Itachi convinced himself it was a 'caught in the moment' moment. He decided wouldn't breathe a word to Shisui. But how would this affect his relationship with Kagome? His eyes flickered to the young priestess who was already out like a light.

The sky began to turn a dark purple as morning neared. Itachi jumped down to Shisui and shook him awake.

"My shift already?" he groaned.

"Yeah." Itachi smiled at him. Shisui let out a long yawn and took his position. Itachi laid down in his sleeping bag for much needed rest.

~Timeskip~

Kagome was awoken by Tenzo. He put a finger to his lips as he nodded towards Itachi sleeping and Shisui concentrating on his task.

Kagome got up and followed him.

"Are you and Itachi Uchiha in a relationship?" he asked when they were out of earshot from Shisui.

"N-no... What gave you that idea?" she crossed her arms stubbornly.

"I saw the two of you," he smirked when she stiffened.

"S-so!" she muttered

"So you just let men go around and kiss you?" he pressed on.

"..." she didn't answer him.

"Just be careful..." he laid a hand on her shoulder and walked into camp. Kagome sighed and walked back as well. As quiet as she could, she gathered her things and sat beneath the trunk of a tree. She closed her eyes and spread out her senses

"Itachi. Get up. Time to go," Shisui jumped down from the tree and kneeled in front of Kagome. Itachi sat up and glanced over.

"What is it Shisui?" she asked, opening her eyes.

"Nothing..." he stood up

Everyone packed their things and put out the fire. Kagome, once again, was on Tenzo's back as they headed out.

Kagome spread out her senses.

"Stop!" she yelled. Everyone abruptly stopped, Shisui nearly falling off a branch.

"What was that for?" Shisui called back to her.

"Someone's coming," Not a second later a few ninjas appeared before them. Tenzo gently set Kagome down.

"Don't move!" one of the masked Ninja's ordered. The four didn't move a muscle.

"Kagome, do not let them see you," Tenzo muttered under his breath.

"More hidden leaf ninja seeking death?" one of them snickered. Kagome could sense that there was several of them, 5, maybe 6. She gulped.

"I see three of you, but where is the fourth?" his eyes scanned the area. Kagome suddenly felt someone roughly grab her arm and pull her out from behind Tenzo.