Chapter 20

"Kagome please don't get involved in our affairs," Itachi took a step towards her.

Kagome glared at him. "I became involved the moment I found out Shisui killed himself!" Kagome felt tears form in her eyes as she turned and ran away.

"Kagome!" Itachi called out running after her.

"Go home and rest," Fugaku ordered the 3 men. Fugaku went inside his own home and isolated himself in the room Kagome once stayed in. He sat there on the bed contemplating everything that had just happened.

"Perhaps she is right..." Fugaku sighed. He knew what he was doing was wrong. Kagome's words woke something up inside him. He could easily stop the police force, but the council was another story.

~With Itachi~

Itachi quickly ran after Kagome. For someone who wasn't a ninja, she sure was fast. He found himself in the village. He looked all around, trying to find her. He saw someone disappear around the corner and took off.

Finally, he caught up with her, snatching her wrist in his hand.

"Kagome..." he said.

"What really happened to Shisui?" She asked him, not turning around to look at him.

"That... Is something we must discuss in private," he answered. Kagome was quick to put up a barrier around the two of them.

"Private. No one can see or hear us." Kagome turned to look at him. "Now spill... Everything."

Itachi released her wrist and sighed. "Yesterday evening Shisui met up with Danzo before the assembly, I was waiting for him to show up. When he finally did show up, we met at the Naka River where he told me that Danzo had taken his right eye and would most likely be coming after his left eye..."

"Then what?" she whispered. Itachi was not aware of Kagomes growing anger.

"He entrusted his other eye to me... After that, he told me to stay by your side and protect you before falling into the river below." Itachi hung his head. "I tried to save him..."

"Danzo...." Kagome had to suppress a growl.

"That's not all..." Kagome gave him a confused look. He looked back up at her, but this time his eyes were red. The Sharingan...

"It's different from the first time I saw it," Kagome commented.

"The Mangekyo Sharingan. It awakens when one suffers from witnessing the death of someone close to them," he explained and deactivated it.

"That bastard," Kagome hissed clenching her hands into tight fists and walking away.

"Kagome," Itachi's voice was cold. "You are not going after Danzo."

She stopped in her tracks. "How did he...?"

"If you do, I will personally stop you. You are no match against Danzo." With that said he walked away.

Kagome slumped her shoulders and headed home. Naruto still wasn't back. Sometimes he would stay out late to train.

When she opened the door another person was there waiting for her. "F-fugaku!?"

"Kagome. Nice to see you as well," he nodded his head and motioned for her to sit down.

"What can I do for you?" she asks, sitting down across from him.

"I want to hear more about how you managed to defeat this evil being who could have destroyed the world," Fugaku said.

"Where to begin..." Kagome leaned back in her chair.

"Who was this man?"

"His name was Naraku. He was a human turned into a half demon by absorbing many low level demons after his entire body was burnt."

"Hmm, how did he go about destroying the world?"

"He lusted power. He sought out a jewel called the Shikon No Tama. He even so far as to make two lovers kill one another. His lust for power was also his downfall."

"How so?"

"Those who are powerful will eventually fall by an even greater force and by someone who doesn't know when to give up." Kagome narrowed her eyes. "If the Uchiha's try to overpower the village. I will not hesitate to keep you sealed into your district. No Uchiha, other than Itachi, will leave unless I allow it."

"I've made a terrible mistake..." Fugaku sighed, crossing his arms across his chest. "I can stop the police force but not so much as the council... In order to stop them... They must be eliminated."

"You're going to kill the council?" Kagome asked.

"Yes." he answered. "It's the only way to save the village from being attacked. Itachi will assist me with this."

"I see..." Kagome mumbled.

"Thank you, Kagome." he stood up from his seat and opened the door.

"For what?"

"Opening my eyes," he replied as he left Naruto's apartment.