Chapter 19

The next day, after feeding Naruto, Kagome skipped over to the Uchiha compound. As she stepped foot inside the district, instantly she knew something was off. The villagers seemed tense as if they didn't want outsiders. That, and there was the sudden dark aura that hung around. Cautiously, Kagome made her way to Itachi's house. She was sure Shisui would be there as well.

Kagome entered through the back of the house like she usually did.

Just as she was about to call for Itachi, another voice, an angry voice, beat her to it

"Is Itachi here?!"

"Huh?" Kagome walked around the corner and saw 3 angry men in the doorway. "We need to talk! Come out!" Kagome hid behind the corner.

Itachi stepped into view. "What is it, with all of you here together?" he asked.

"There were two people who weren't at the meeting yesterday." The first guy spoke. "Why did you not come?"

Kagome spotted Sasuke not to far from her, but decided not to say anything. Instead, she kept listening.

The first man continued speaking. "I understand that, as an ANBU, you have to be involved in many troublesome tasks. Your father says that, and somehow covers for you."

"But," the second guy continued. "We do not plan to treat you special."

Itachi closed his eyes. "I understand. I will be careful from now on. Please leave now."

"Sure thing, but there's something we wanted to ask as well." the first guy said.

Just as Kagome was about to leave a name caught her attention.

"It's about Shisui Uchiha," the second guy was saying.

"S-shisui?" Kagome froze in her spot.

"Who committed suicide by drowning himself in the river last night," he finished. Kagome's eyes widened.

"Shisui... Killed himself...." Kagome felt as if she couldn't breath. Everything came crashing down. She looked at the ring he had given her and felt her heart shatter into a billion pieces. One of her closet friends, killed himself...

"Shisui was the other person who didn't come to the meeting. You adored him like your older brother, didn't you?" the man questioned. He had one handed rested on his hip.

"That's right," Itachi said. "I haven't seen him in awhile. It's unfortunate."

Kagome knew that was a lie. He had met with him only yesterday, or was it the day before. She couldn't exactly remember.

"What are you hiding Itachi?" Kagome thought as she continued to listen.

"So we, the police squad, decided to devote all our efforts to investigating this matter," he continued.

"Investigate?" Itachi questioned.

The second guy pulled out a letter. "This is the farewell note Shisui wrote. The handwriting has been checked. Without a doubt, he wrote this."

"If there is no link to murder, then what is this investigation for?" Itachi asked.

"By using the sharingan, it would be very easy to copy Shisui's handwriting." the first guy said. The second guy handed Itachi the letter in which he took.

"He was Uchiha's best worker," the second guy spoke. "He's the man known to be feared as the Shisui of Shurushin. He was the man who would be first in line to do any mission for the clan. It's hard to think that such a man would write that and kill himself."