Chapter 25

The smile on Kagomes face never left as she, Itachi, and Naruto walked home. Her hand was tangled with Itachis. Naruto walked beside his mother figure with his hands locked behind his head. 

~Flashback~

"Kagome." he whispered low enough for only her to hear.

"Hmm?" she looked up at the handsome Uchiha.

"Will you... Be my girlfriend?"

 Her face turned 50 shades of red, her heart pounded in her chest as she stared at him with large brown eyes.

Finally. After what seemed like eternity...

"Yes..." she breathed.

~End Flashback~

She couldn't be anymore happier than she already was. She had a wonderful drop dead gorgeous boyfriend, and a house, even though she shared it with Naruto. Life couldn't get any better than this.

"Kagome, you should become a medic nin," Itachi suggested. "Your healing abilities surpass any ninja I've encountered with healing abilities."

"Hmm. I'll think about it." somewhere she belonged. She wasn't useless here. She knew how to handle herself. 

The trio stopped before the apartment building. "I'm going to go upstairs!" he dashed away before she could protest, leaving her and Itachi alone.

"Turn around." he said. Kagome raised an eyebrow but did as she was told and turned her back to him. Itachi unclasped something around his neck and stepped behind her. Kagome felt something lay against her collarbone. The necklace Itachi once wore now lay around her neck.

"Itachi..." she touched it and faced him. "Thank you." she wrapped her arms around his waist. 

"Not a problem." he said, hugging her back.

"Well, since we're giving gifts," Kagome pulled something from her pocket and held it before Itachi.

 "What is it?" he asked as he took the necklace. Attached to it was a small pink shard.

"It's the shard of the Shikon No Tama." she said. "Where ever you go, I'll always be with you." she grinned. He smiled and put it on.

"Thank you." Itachi leaned down and pecked Kagome on the cheek.

She blushed. "I should probably get going before Naruto gets into trouble." 

He nodded. "Alright... I'll see you later. I have a mission tomorrow and won't be back for a few days."

She returned the nod and opened the door.

That night, Kagome peacefully dreamt of her and Itachi living happily ever after.

 But how long would it last?