Chapter 22

Fugaku wanted nothing but the best for Itachi and Sasuke. However, Sasuke was still too young. For now he will focus his attention on his eldest son. He knew Itachi loved Kagome. It was quite obvious if you were observant enough. Fugaku even found himself messing with Itachi when they were at home.

~Flashback~

Itachi gracefully strolled into the kitchen with a small smile on his face. He had just returned from escorting Kagome home. Fugaku sat at the table watching his son and suddenly got an idea.

"Hello Kagome," he said. He watched as his son faltered in his step and seemed to go tense before quickly turning around, a small blush dusted his cheeks.

"K-Kagome?" he questioned. "She isn't even here. I just took her home."

"Must have been my imagination." Fugaku mentally smirked. That was the beginning of his suspicion.

From that day on Fugaku would make small mention of Kagome just to see his son's reaction After about a week of this, he came to the conclusion that Itachi had, indeed, fallen hard for the small girl.

~End Flashback~

Now there he sat, cup of tea in his hands, as he watched Kagome give him a weird look and Itachi avoid her gaze. Finally, she shrugged and seated herself at the table. Itachi followed along.

"So tomorrow when it's done, I will give it to you and you and Itachi will slip it into their drinks. It will then be served. It will take at least ten minutes before it actually starts to take effect." Kagome said.

"What are the effects?" Itachi asked.

"Well, I haven't experienced it myself, but I've been told that first they will start to feel drowsy, then lightheaded followed by swaying movements. Eventually the poison will clump up into the heart." Kagome explained.

Fugaku raised an eyebrow in question. "Explain."

"Well the poison will spread through their body and once it reaches the heart the poison itself will stop all together, causing like a barrier to stop the blood from going further."

"How can a simple liquid do something like that?" Itachi questioned.

"Well.. Lady Kaeda taught me this chant. She prayed I would never have to use it. I was always getting kidnapped and such She thought that it would come in handy if I were to ever become like a slave or whatever. Anyways, she taught me the chant and it enchants to poison." Kagome explained as best as she could. The two seemed to get it and left it at that.

Just then, Naruto opened the door. "Ah, that was good." Naruto had a satisfied smile on his face as he patted his belly. Naruto let out a yawn. It was pretty late.

"Naruto why don't you go on to bed," Kagome told him. Naruto nodded, completely ignoring the guest. He rubbed his eyes and headed to his bedroom. Once the door clicked shut, Fugaku stood from the table.

"We should get going as well." Fugaku was out of the door a split second later. Kagome blinked and then turned to Itachi with a smile.

"Well, it was nice having you even if we were discussing murder," Kagome let out a small giggle.

"Yeah. Thanks for having us." Itachi gave Kagome one of his heart melting smiles. She had to push down the blush that threaten to envelope her cheeks. She walked him to the door.

"See you tomorrow." she went to close but Itachi stopped the door with his hand. "Itachi?"

He said not a word. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Good night," he whispered then left. Kagome finally let the blush bloom.

"Itachi..." she muttered touching the spot where his lips had touched her cheek.

When she turned around, Naruto was standing there with his arms crossed.

"What?" she asked.

"Are you and Sasuke's brother dating or something?" he asked.

Kagome's face turned a darker shade of red. "O-of course not!"

"Then are you in love with him?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Its all over your face. You were as red as a tomato when he kissed your cheek!" he grinned.

"Y-you saw that!"

"Yep! And from what I can tell, he likes you Kagome," Naruto's grin grew.

"S-shut up! Go to bed already!"