Chapter 11

"So you've decided to learn to use the Tenseiga?" a woman's voice spoke from nowhere. Another figure materialized in front of Kagome.

"Yes. I have Lady Midoriko. I do not want to be weak and let everyone down," Kagome said determination burning in her chocolate brown eyes.

"Draw your sword Kagome." Kagome did as she was instructed, holding it like the way she had seen Inuyasha, Sango, and Sesshomaru do many times. "You will be fighting a face you know too well."

Next thing Kagome knew, her best friend was standing in front of her. "S-Sango..."

"It's not the real Sango. Only a copy. This Sango has all the abilities as the one you once knew." Kagome nodded in understanding. "You cannot gain experience with a sword if you do not use it."

With that said Sango reached for her Hiraikotsu and threw it across the field at Kagome. Kagome, seeing the threat as clear as day, ducked under it. When she looked at Sango, she saw she was right in front of her blade ready to strike down on her. Kagome froze as the blade inched closer. She closed her eyes, but it never came. Instead, it hit a barrier.

"Do not be scared to cross blades with your opponent Kagome. Tenseiga will protect you, but you must not always rely on Tenseiga's help," Sango jumped away from Kagome and took on her stance.

Kagome nodded and took a deep breath to calm her racing heart. The barrier disappeared as Sango ran at her again. This time Kagome held her ground and clashed swords with the demon exterminator. Kagome slid backwards as Sango pressed forward.

"Push her back, Kagome," Midoriko instructed. Kagome pushed her back as best she could, but the demon exterminator was strong.

"I have to be stronger!" She said pushing all her weight forward, successfully pushing her back.

The rest of the night was spent training with Lady Midoriko and Sango. By the end of the night, Kagome was finally able to defeat Sango in battle, learning to use her Miko powers through Tenseiga.

"Well done Kagome. Go home and get some rest. Same time tomorrow," Then disappeared along with Sango. Kagome wiped the sweat from her forehead and sheathed Tenseiga and walked home, her muscles screaming in agony.

Kagome slipped through the front door and made her way to her room where she was out instantly. It was an hour later when Itachi was shaking her awake.

"Kagome. Come on get up," he whispered. She groaned and pushed herself to a sitting position. Itachi was by her bedside and Shisui was leaning against the doorway.

"Alright. I'll take a quick shower and change," she stumbled out of bed and gathered her things as they left.

"Damn it," she cursed.

"What's wrong?" Itachi asked as he poked his head back in her room.

"I forgot shampoo..."she sighed.

"Mother is going shopping later today so you can use mine," he suggested. Kagome nodded and went to the bathroom. She closed and locked the door and turned the water on.

She stripped and stepped into the hot shower. Her muscles didn't hurt as bad, but they were still sore. She let out a blissful sigh.

~Timeskip~

After eating breakfast, the trio went to the training grounds.

"Since you can't use Ninjutsu, you will have to focus mainly on Taijutsu," Itachi took his stance as did Shisui.