Chapter 2

Melody's P.O.V

I walk into the office and see the secretary Jill.

"Jill?" I say. She looks up and smiles from ear to ear.

"Oh my god! Melody Peers? Is that really you?" She asks standing up and coming over to hug me. Jill was 5'6. She was in her 40's, but doing pretty well. She had dark, short, brown hair and a maroon pan suit paired with black high heels.

"Yup! I'm back!" I say.

"Oh I'm so glad! Oh here's your schedule! I hope you have a great senior year! And I'm always here to talk if you need me, like old times," she says sympathetically. I give her a reassuring smile.

"Thank you Jill. Is Mr. Curst here?" I ask.

"Yes he is. In his office, just knock," she says. I nod and knock on his office door. He opens it and looks surprised.

"Melody Alexia Peers?" He exclaims. I nod and smile. "Why look at you! You're all grown up and you have changed quite a bit!" He says. I laugh.

"Yes sir. I just wanted to say hi and to tell you and Jill thank you. After the exams in freshman year I forgot to say thank you before I left for Vegas," I say softly.

"Oh your welcome dear! Any time!" He exclaims. I smile and the bell rings.

If you didn't already catch this, Mr. Curst was the principal...

"Well I better get going!" I say. Mr. Curst and Jill wave good bye and I make my way to my first class, Music! That means Ms. Sings! Oh I love her! I walk to the classroom and knock on the door. Ms. Sings opens the door and gasps.

"Oh my lord! Melody?" She exclaims. I nod joyfully. She pulls me into a hug and let's me into the classroom.

"Class this is Melody Peers, some of you may remember her from freshman year," she says.

Some people start to talk and whisper. How could they forget me? I left with a bad past here, not surprised people remember. I take my seat and we start to sing. I look around the room and spot a guitar. I love the guitar. I stand up and pick it up.

"Do you play Melody?" Ms. S asks. I simply nod.

"What songs?" She asks.

"Every Justin Bieber song cause I'm in love with him. And... Over the Rainbow?" I say. Ms. S gasps and suddenly tells the class to sing 'Over The Rainbow' and instructs me to play the guitar. I didn't argue I just smiled, sat down and played. I also sang.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly,"

"Birds fly over the rainbow, why oh then why can't i?"

"Some day I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me,"

"Where trouble melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that where you'll find me!"

I sang the song with all my heart. Wizard of Oz fan over here! Once we were done, the bell rang and we scurried off to our next class. I had math with Mr. Reese. I'm not good at math but I get good grades anyways. I say goodbye to Ms. Sings and see the two people I never thought I'd see again Christy George and Laura Williams. They were talking to each other and then our eyes met. I stop in my tracks and look at them. I realize people were staring so I snapped out of it and walked confidently over.

"Christy, Laura," I say with a slight smile. They smile a little bit and look at me from head to toe. Why is everybody so surprised?

"Melody?" They both say surprised. I nod my head yes.