Chapter 19

Melody's P.O.V

"Melody! Today honey!" My dad yells.

So it's currently 3 am in the morning. And it's Tuesday. Yes, I'm leaving for Vegas now. Dad, and Justin were all ready and are waiting for me. I still had to pack my hairbrush, tooth brush, phone charger, and earplugs!

I stuffed all of them into my carry on bag and rushed downstairs.

"Sorry! I'm done," I say and we head outside to the taxi.

I texted Dylan just so he knew where I was because I'm pretty sure he thought I was leaving tomorrow. I did to actually. But I guess it was changed.

He's been so good to me. He acts like my brother and is protective over me. It's adorable. I mean he already told me he didn't like me in that way, he just thought I deserved a brother who treated me right. I guess he is going to be that brother.

I get into the back and so does Justin. I look out the window and yawn. It's a 3 hour drive to the airport so I might as well sleep. I try and get comfortable but it was hard to in an uncomfortable taxi.

"You can sleep on my lap," Justin says.

I look at him and smile.

"Are you sure?" I ask. He nods and I rest my head on his lap.

Then, I fall into a deep slumber.

~3 hours later~

"Beauty, wake up. We're here," Justin says.

I open my eyes and sit up. I look around and sure enough we were at the airport. Great!

We went through security check and all that fun stuff and finally went to our gate.

"What time are we boarding?" I ask my dad.

"7:20. So 20 minutes," my dad responds. I nod my head and sit down.

"So, you excited that your dad is getting married?" Justin asks while sitting beside me.

"Yeah. After my mom and him split up, he was unhappy. But then Tammy came along and turned his life around. For the better of course. She's great," I say.

"Well, that's good that you get along with your step mother. It would have sucked if she was like Cinderella's step mother. Evil!" Justin says.

I laugh.

"Yeah it would have. You excited for being my date?" I ask.

"Totally. How come you aren't the maid of honour? And how come that Tristan is your dad's best man?" Justin asks.

"Tammy has an older sister, so she's the maid of honour. My dad has a brother, but they don't talk much. I feel like they hate each other. I don't know. And since that Tristan is my best friend, and my dad knows him, he chose him to be the best man," I explain.

Justin nods.

"Come on kids! We're boarding!" My dad says.

Wow 20 minutes go by quick! I get my carry on and go to the boarding. I give the lady my ticket and she smiles at me and let's me board.

I get onto the plane and sit down in my seat. I'm 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Vegas. I can't wait to see everyone.

I quickly pull out my phone and call Lucy and Tristan.

"Hello?" They say at the same time.

"L! T! I'm 1 hour and 30 minutes away from seeing you guys!" I squeal.