Chapter 8

Melody's P.O.V

I didn't actually want to go to bed. I just didn't want Justin to see me cry. I didn't want him to think I was weak. Cause I'm not! I sat on my window seat and watched him drive away.

I'm not a stalker I swear! I think he saw me but I guess he thought it was his imagination cause he didn't come back. When he turned the corner I pulled my knees to my chest and let the tears fall.

How could Michael do this to me? He is my own damn brother! He is my damn twin! He should have came back! But he didn't. He never cared about me. He pretended, but it was never true. I sigh and wipe away the tears. I decided it was best just to go to bed.

The guys slept over a lot. I don't mind it as much as I used too. But I wish I didn't have a bad past with them. It would make things a whole lot less complicated. I snuggled in bed and let sleep wash over me.

--------------

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning. I sighed and got out of bed. I may not seem like a morning person but I am.

I sat up and stood up..I took one step and tripped on something or rather someone. I looked on the ground and realized I was ontop of someone?!

Well tell me one thing. If you wake up at 6 in the morning, really sick might I add, and trip over someone and then fall on someone else what's your first instinct? To scream? Yeah me too.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I scream. The guy I was on jumped up and I fell off of him. Someone turned on the lights and I finally saw who everyone was. The jerks. Yes it's official. That's what I'm calling them now.

"What the hell are you people doing in my room?!" I scream.

"Holy Jesus you can really scream women!" Connor says.

I look up and realize I fell on top of Justin because he was the only guy who is standing up. Awkward.

"Yeah well-" but I was cut off by my stomach flipping. Oh no!

I didn't bother telling the jerks anything. I just jolted up and bolted to the bathroom. I threw up in the toilet for a good 2 minutes. I didn't realize it before but Justin was holding my hair back.

I stopped throwing up and started breathing heavily. Everything was going fuzzy and I felt dizzy.

"Woah the world is spinning so fast!" I say.

"No Beauty stay awake!" Justin yells while shaking me.

"Just let me close my eyes for 1 second" I say and close my eyes. Then I passed out...again.

-----------------

~3 hours later~

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around me. I was in a hospital room. I sat up and got a head rush. I shut my eyes and opened them up again to see Dylan sitting on the seat.

"Hey Cupcake," he says.

"Uh hi? Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"They went to go get ice cream at Ben and Jerry," Dylan replies.

"But not Michael right?" I ask. Dylan stays silent and gives me an apologetic look. I sigh and turn on my side so I wasn't facing him anymore.

"Of course that damn twin of mine decided not to wait for his unconscious sister to wake up," I mutter to myself.

"Hey it's okay don't worry about it" Dylan says to me and sits beside me on the bed.

I turn to look at him and take in his features. He had greyish, blueish, eyes that sparkled in the light. His hair was short and black. He had skin that was pale yet slightly tanned and his cheeks were a slight shade of pink.

"Why didn't you go?" I ask.

"Because I thought it was wrong to leave an unconscious girl in a hospital with no one she knows around. Plus, none of the guys even cared you were here. Well they did until Michael said he was in the mood for ice cream and they left. Justin was trying to keep them here, but in the end gave in," Dylan says. I nod.

"Well thank you. This should have been Michael sitting here beside me instead of you because that's the brotherly like thing to do, but whatever. I think you're better," I say with a small smile. He smiles back.

"So want to know what's wrong with you?"  Dylan asks. I nod my head.

"Wait they told you? I thought they could only tell family," I say. Dylan chuckles.

"I might have lied and said I was your brother," he says. I stay silent for a moment and burst out laughing. We both end up having a laughing fit.

"Wow okay anyways, apparently you were under to much stress and pressure. And you haven't really eaten anything either since there wasn't any food in your system." Dylan asks.

"Um uh how do they explain the throwing up?" I ask.

"Lack of food," Dylan replies simply. I nod.

"Ok well I'm fine. I'm going home and you can join the jerks" I say and get out of the bed.

"I will drive you!" Dylan exclaims.

"Ok," I say softly.

We get out of the hospital and head to his car. Well technically Adam's car. I get in the passenger seat and rest my head on the window while watching the scenery. Tears welled up in my eyes and I suddenly had the strength to speak.

"Does he hate me?" I sob. Why was I crying? I'm suppose to be strong and tough!

"Who? Michael? Or Justin?" Dylan asks.

"M-Michael," I say softly.

"No. He's just...confused? He just got his sister back and you aren't exactly the same as you were back in freshman year so he's confused," Dylan says but keep his eyes on the road.

"But does that really give him the right to not worry about his sister?" I ask still looking at the window.

"No but he just doesn't know what to do with you, and how to act with you now. It was easy 3 years ago because he knew you, and now, suddenly, you show up a different person! That's big," Dylan says.

"But he wanted me to change! He wanted me to leave! He doesn't nor didn't love me! He hated me  not being him! So why the hell is he so confused? Shouldn't he be happy that I'm not his lame, twin sister anymore?" I cry now having full on tears running down my cheeks.

"I know its unfair. Just give him time," Dylan says calmly then pulls up into my driveway. I roll my eyes and get out.

"Whatever. Let him hate me. Thanks, and I hope you have fun with your jerk friends!" I say and slam the door.

I then walk into the house, run up the stairs, slam my door shut and fall to the ground and burst into a puddle of tears.