Chapter 18

Melody's P.O.V

I felt someone lay down beside me. I sighed and kept my eyes closed.

"Go away, please, Justin," I say.

"Guess again cupcake," Dylan's voice says.

I open my eyes and turn my head to see Dylan laying next to me. I raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"I saw you storm out and wanted to see if you were okay," Dylan explained. I nodded.

"Thanks," I say.

"No problem," he says.

"So you heard about Connor and Justin huh?" I ask.

"Yeah. Good job by the way. We found Connor on the ground almost crying after you beat him up," Dylan says amused.

I laugh.

"So, care to explain why you ran out of there?" Dylan asks.

"Christy and Laura, well mostly Christy, were scarred of me and talking to me terribly so I used a secret against her. That shut her right up," I say and mumble the last 5 words.

"I see, and why did you sit with them?" Dylan asks.

"I don't know Dyl. Honestly, I guess I was trying to make them listen to me without saying it. Showing them that I don't care about them anymore. But I guess they don't care. You know what my problem is?" I ask.

"What?" Dylan asks.

"I have trust issues," I respond.

"That acceptable after all the trauma you went through," Dylan responds.

"Yeah," I simply say.

After a comfortable silence Dylan said something.

"It's ok to have trust issues. It's natural. But in the end, when you don't trust someone who's close to you, like a friend, they don't trust you anymore. Then you both end up hurt. And that's no fun at all,"

"Wow, wise owl aren't yeah Shakespeare?" I say with humour in my voice. Dylan lets out a deep chuckle and turn to look at me.

"You could say that," Dylan says.

"Look Dylan. Trust is like the clouds," I say looking up at the sky. "One minute you trust you know what figure the clouds are making, then the next minute, it's completely different. I thought I could trust people, then they showed me who they really were. Secret keeping idiots," I say.

"Mel, the point is, don't stop trusting people who care about you. They will stop trusting you and then you will lose each other," Dylan responds.

"Dylan, how the hell am I suppose to trust anyone anymore? Anyone I cared about has let me down or stabbed me in the back. Do you know how hurtful that is? I cared about everyone, but no one cared about me. So I don't care at this point. Let me lose everyone who cares about me! Who cares about me anyways?" I ask.

"Me! And Justin!" Dylan exclaims. I laugh.

"You I understand. But Justin? As if!" I say.

"Cupcake it's true. He cares about you, a lot," Dylan says. I roll my eyes and nod.

"Alright, well I'm ditching the rest of the day, see you at home," I say. Then I get up, stretch and walk back to the bleachers to get my things and my shoes.

I walk off to home and before I knew it, I was opening my front door. I went inside and put away my things.

"Hello?" My mother's voice echoes through the house.