Chapter 13

Melody's P.O.V

It is Tuesday. What does that mean? Another day of school! Yay!! Note the sarcasm. Oh and the "date" Justin has prepared for us. He's been out all morning. Like from 6 am till now. Its now 7:30! The guys said he won't be at school.

I'm trying to think about the fact that he might just be out for no reason at all. You know just because he wants to ditch. I don't want to get my hopes up that he is actually spending all his time on our "date" because I don't want to be disappointed if it sucks.

Wait...do I even call it a date?! Is it considered a date? I mean he did ask. Well sort of. He made the decision for me, but that's not the point! Is this a date? Or two friends hanging out? Wait are we friends? Holy crap this is driving me nuts!

I got inside my car and drove to school while listening to some music. I hummed to the tune and having a good old day.

I pulled up into the parking lot of the school and looked at the time. Dang! I have no time for Starbucks! This sucks...okay I'll skip first period.  Unless the teachers want me falling asleep in class, I need to skip.

I walked to Starbucks until I was bumped into someone.

"Ouch," I say. I landed butt first on the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" a girl says. I look up and see a girl who has brown hair, brown eyes and pale skin. She was about 5'4.

"No worries," I say and get up.

When I actually take a good look at her I recognized her.

"Ella?" I say.

"Uh yeah? How do you know me?" she asks.

"I'm Melody!" I exclaim. Her eyes widen and a smile spreads on her face.

"Oh my god! Mel! How are you?" she asks.

"Great! And you? I haven't seen you since you moved in 8th grade!" I say.

"Yeah I moved back in 10th," she says.

"Oh makes sense. I left in 10th," I say.

"Oh yeah, I heard. Then I found out Melody Peers came back and I was like 'no way did she come back after that' but I guess you did!" she says.

"Yup!" I say with a small smile. The bell rung and I sighed.

"Gotta go to class," she says with sadness.

"Yeah I gotta go to Starbucks," I say. She gives me a questioning look.

"Haven't had my coffee!" I say.

"Me neither!" she says.

"Come with me. We will be back by second period, who's your teacher?" I ask.

"Ms. Simons," she responds.

"Great she's chill! You'll be fine! I have Sings," I say while hearing towards Starbucks.

"Oh heck why not?" she says and follows me.

We get to Starbucks and catched up on things.

"So how was Italy?" I ask.

"Great! It gave me a whole new perspective on life!" Ella responds. "How was Vegas?"

"That sounds great! And it was alright. I met some awesome people and I had a great time!" I say.

"You also came back completely different from the last time I saw you...and heard of you," she says. I nod.

"Different place, different me!" I say.