Chapter 16

Melody's P.O.V

I went on my run and stopped by a local smoothie place for a drink. I got my strawberry banana smoothie and sat a booth. I looked around and saw a familiar face sitting alone.

I walked up to her and smiled.

"Hey Ella!" I say. She looks up and beams.

"Hey Mel! Sit down!" She says gesturing to the chair in front of her.

I sit down and we get to talking.

"So tell me about Italy!" I exclaim.

"Alright. I went to a school called St. Mussolini. It was a boarding school and I honestly hated it. People there just acted like you were a nobody and they pretended you weren't even there!" She says. I laugh.

"Well in some cases I guess that's a good thing to be invisible," I say.

"Yeah well if my dad hadn't gotten his business moved back here, I would have still been in that hell hole as I like to call it," she says while rolling her eyes. I laugh.

"Oh Ella," I say while shaking my head.

"Anyways, how was Vegas?" She asks.

I smile.

"Amazing! I met great people and those people treated me right!" I say.

"That's great. I'm happy for you," Ella says.

"Thanks," I say.

I look at the time and sigh.

"Ella I'm sorry I gotta get going," I say.

She nods and I walk out. I threw out my smoothie because I was done with it, and went back home.

I entered the house and all the guys came running towards me and giving me a big hug.

"Woah. Guys. Can't. Breath." I say while trying to take in a breath.

They let go and gave me a sheppish smile.

"Sorry," they say at the same time.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"We haven't seen you in two days!" they exclaim.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"2 days! Big whoop. You've been without me for 2 years, this should be nothing!" I say.

They laugh and I do too. You know, until I got a flashback of freshman year. Stupid flashbacks! I held my head because I was getting a headache and closed my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asks.

The headache became worse when I heard his voice and I shook my head.

"Headache. I'm going upstairs to rest," I say and walked upstairs.

I shut the door and lie down. My head was spinning and my eyes felt heavy. I closed them and let a wave of darkness take over me.

A few hours later I woke up and sat up straight. I walked to my bathroom and looked at myself. My hair was a mess so I probably needed to clean that up. And that's when it hit me.

I missed school today.

After the whole commotion with the date, I forgot all about school. But why didn't Ella bring it up? I'm so confused.

I shrugged it off and went downstairs.

"Guys?" I yelled. No one answered.

"Micheal?" No one answered.

"I swear to god if you guys are planning to prank me you will die," I yell.

Suddenly, I was lifted in the air and was being carried away.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I shrieked.

The person who was holding me dropped me and covered their ears. Oops I think I hurt their ears with my shriek.

I got up, ran to the house and saw pepper spray. I ran towards it and held it in one of my hands.

I had my phone in the other and called Michael. He didn't pick up. I called Dylan, neither did he. Justin didn't either and the rest of the guys were also MIA. My last resort was Jackson. I sighed and dialed his number staying hidden.

"Hello?" Jackson says.

"Jackson? It's Melody. There is a freaking intruder in this damn house and no one would pick up their phone!" I scream whisper.

"Oh. OK. Well we are out. We will be there soon okay? Hang in there," he says and hangs up.

I stare at the phone in shock. Hang in there? Really? I'm probably gonna be dead by the time they come.

I heard footsteps coming towards my hiding place aka the back of the couch. They popped their head over the couch and saw me.

I screamed and pepper spared them. They screamed in a low voice and I knew it was a guy. So I kicked him in the crotch. Hey don't judge! He fell to the floor and cried in pain.

"Tell me who the hell you are or you are dead and that's not a threat!" I say.

He take of his hood and it reveals...JUSTIN?

"JUSTIN?" I scream.

"Hey Beauty," he says nervously.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?" I shriek.

"Jesus women chill your bones! The guys and I just wanted to see how you would react if you were home alone and something like this happened," he says calmly.

"Are you kidding me? I thought you were an intruder ready to kill me!" I say.

"Sorry! But you reacted quite well. I'm glad you didn't call the cops," he says. I roll my eyes.

"Hey Mel how about we go swimming to cool off?" Luke says from behind me.

I turn around and see the rest of the guys. I roll my eyes and go upstairs to change into my pink bathing suit.
I come back down and run outside then jump into the pool. I swim some laps while the guys just stared and talked.

Over all, it was a good Wednesday. After that fake intrusion of course. I hope they don't scare me like that again.

I came out of the pool and walked over to them.

"So, mind telling me what I missed at school today?" I ask.

"Melody it was a P.A Day," Michael says in a duh tone. Oh my god. He was right. The teachers were doing our report cards! I forgot!

"Oh. Right. I forgot," I say quietly. We stayed out for a few more hours and then went inside to eat. When we were done I went upstairs to change and go to bed. Tomorrow is school. Unfortunately. I really don't want to go but I must.

Great. School, here I come.