Chapter 12

Melody's P.O.V

Some people say high school is the best 4 years of your life. I beg to differ. High school is like a prison to me. Stuck with no way out. Having to be bossed around by teachers. Having to eat at a specific time. Like it resembles to a prison right?

Its now Monday. Aka the worst day ever. I was thinking of
just skipping school but that would be hard since Dylan is watching me every second. No not in a stalkerish way, just in a brotherly way. Like hanging by my side and all.

Justin also watches me. But him, him in a stalkerish way. Wherever I turn I see him there. Its kind of like me being Bella, and him being Edward. Yes I just made a Twilight connection.

The bell rung for lunch and I packed my things.

"Hey Beauty! Want to sit with me at lunch?" Justin asks.

"No thanks Beast, I rather go to Starbucks then sit with you and the rest of the jerks," I say and walk off. But before I leave the classroom I stop and turn to him.

"Thanks for the offer though! Maybe next time," I say and smile. He gives me a small smile back and I leave.

I walk to Starbucks and get an Ice Skinny Vanilla Latte. I sip my coffee while I do some homework. I can usually finish my homework pretty fast yet do it efficiently and lunch is the perfect time! I was almost done my math homework when someone sat in the chair across from mine. I look up and see Christy?

"Uh hey Christy," I say awkwardly.

"Look bitch, I don't think you understand the fact that you are still a nobody! You think you have all the football jocks wrapped around your finger? Nope! So leave them alone, especially Justin and Dylan. They are mine and Laura's" she says.

I smirk at her. Does she really think she can boss me around like that? Huh over my dead body!

"Christy! Dear! Boys aren't your property okay? And just letting you know, I'm not trying to steal anyone. Its not my fault they find me interesting," I say. She glares at me, huffs, and walks away.

"I got the last word!" I mumble to myself.

I finish up my math homework and start my French essay. I didn't really watch the time and before I knew it, it was already half way through 5th period! When did the bell ring?

Might as well skip. I think to myself.

I take out my phone and call the school.

"Hello, office" Jill says.

"Hey Jill it's Melody," I say.

"Oh hi dear! Uh why are you calling? Shouldn't you be in class?" she asks.

"Yeah that's why I was calling. I don't feel all to well so I'm just gonna skip the afternoon. Anyways 6th period is French which I'm already ahead in and 7th and 8th is study hall and free period." I say.

"Ok dear, I hope you feel well," she says. With that I end the call.

I finish up my French essay, which is due in 2 weeks, and leave Starbucks. I like to get ahead in my work. And, Monsieur Gourmand doesn't give out homework in between essay dates. So I'm free!

I run to the school parking lot and head into my car. I hear the bell ring and I quickly turn on the engine and rush home so no one saw me. When I got home, I took out my phone and texted Dylan and Justin. I know they are going to be worried, or at least Dylan will, so I better tell them.

To: Dylan
From: Cupcake

Hey didn't feel well, at home.

To: Beast
From: Beauty