Chapter 23

Melody's P.O.V

"MELODY!" I hear the jerks scream my name.

"AHHHHHH" I shriek and jump out of bed.

They all laugh and I groan. I look at the clock, 7 o'clock. Great it's time for school. I sigh and point towards the door.

"Out," I say.

"Come on Mel! Let's see a little something!" Adam says. I stare at him in disgust.

"Perv! Out!" I scream.

They laugh and walk out. I shake my head and go into my bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. Well I definitely need to fix my hair, and I'm going to need some concealer under my eyes. Great.

I brush my teeth and turn on my curling wand. While that warms up, I go into my closet. Today I decide to pick out a teal, tank top with a bow and some white skinny jeans. I pair it with some sandals and pearl earings. Perfect.

I change into my clothes and go back into my bathroom. I brush my hair and section it off. Then I proceed to curl it.

A few minutes later, I was left with nice, beachy waves. I put on some concealer, mascara, wing liner, lip balm and lipstick, then I go downstairs.

"I know what you did last summer!
Just lie to me there's no other!
I know what you did last summer!
Tell me where you've been!"

My ringtone for my ex boyfriend rings.

"Damn," I say.

I pick up the phone and say:

"What do you want?"

"Hi! Hello! Nice to hear from you too," Charming says.

"Cut the crap Charming. What do you want?" I say again.

"Well, guess who's in San Francisco?" He says.

"Justin Bieber?" I say playfully.

"No! Me!" He exclaims.

"Oh. Great! I'm so excited!" I say sarcastically and then I roll my eyes. Obviously he can't see that.

"No need to be rude," he says.

"Right. So why did you call? Just to tell me that?" I ask.

"Yes," he says.

"Of course. You coming to school here?" I ask.

"Yes," he responds again.

"When's your first day?" I ask.

"Today," he responds.

"Aw shit! I guess I'll see you at school then, bye," I say.

"See you later beautiful," he says. With that we end the call.

I know I said I was devasted about the breakup before but I don't have to be extremely rude. If he's here, he's here. I won't get back together with him, we will be friends. Or acquaintances. I don't really care as long as it doesn't involve us being in a love relationship.

I walk outside and to my car. The guys will take forever. I head to Starbucks then school. I parked, then someone parked beside me.

"Hey," Charming says.

"Hi," I say.

We just stare at each other for a while. I don't really know what to say.

"Look, Mel, I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry. Can we start over as friends?" He asks.