0.6

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"So what you're trying to say is that a ghost knocked on your door and then went away when you opened it?" I question from across the fire to Damian before I let out a light chuckle.

He scoffs and crosses his arms across his chest. "It was supposed to be scary..."

"I'm sorry." I laugh and so does Julian who is sitting beside me with a stick in his hand, eating a roasted marshmallow.

"Anyways," Damian tries to continue but gets cut off when I feel a water droplet fall on my forehead then one on my nose before I feel them all over my face. "Shit!" He groans and we all begin to flee.

I'm the first one to reach the car and I curse silently to myself when the doors are locked. I try to cover myself with my jacket and shiver as I accidentally lift my shirt along with it.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of the doors unlock and I look behind me to see Alexander smiling at me with his car keys in his hand. I smile back at him and quickly get inside the car to get away from the rain and cold air.

A few moments later, Alexander enters the car and sits on the driver's seat. I furrow my eyebrows when he starts the engine and ask, "aren't we going to wait for Julian and Damian?"

He chuckles. "Yes we are, Courts. I'm just going to turn on the heater; it's freezing."

"Oh, right." I nod my head swiftly and frown when the warm air doesn't reach me. "Umm...Alexander?" I call softly.

"Hmm?"

"Can I sit on the passenger's seat? I can't feel the warm air from here." I ask almost in a whisper and he pats the seat beside him.

"Go right ahead, Courts."

I smile gratefully and begin to crawl to the passengers seat, accidentally kicking him across the face when I lift it to sit down right. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

He groans as he cups his mouth and I lean towards him to check if he's alright. "God damn, Courts. I feel like you did that on purpose; you kicked me hard as fuck." He mumbles.

"No, I didn't mean it." I say and remove his hand from his face and gasp when I see that his lip is bleeding and the blood is all over his hands. "Oh my god..." I trail off as I begin to get dizzy. "I feel nauseous."

I lay back on the seat and begin to fan my face as I start to hyperventilate. He rolls down the window and spits out the blood before he turns to me with a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I quickly shake my head and close my eyes as I try to calm my breathing. "Calm down, Courtney. Breathe, just breathe."

"What do you think I'm doing?" I snap and he looks taken aback.

"Geez, sorry." He mutters and spits out the window again. "You tore my lip open the least you could do is not give me attitude. I'm just trying to help."

"I know," I sigh. "I'm sorry it's just that I'm already breathing." I quickly add in a reasonable manner.

"Yeah, it was a stupid suggestion sorry." He scoffs to himself and I let out a soft laugh.

"It's alright, I'll be fine. Just don't make me look at you."

He chuckles and I hear him spit again. "You know you want to keep looking at me 24/7."

I groan. "Oh for the love of god, please don't start to be cocky right now."

"It's in my nature, Courts. I can't help it."