1.6

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"I brought a pair of guys who will never let you down—Ben & Jerry's." Julian announces as he walks into the dark room and Emily instantly lifts her head off of my chest.

"Gimme here." She says childishly and I shield my eyes when he flicks the light switch on.

He digs into the bag and pulls out a carton of ice cream of his sister's favorite flavor; cookie dough. He hands it over to her, along with a spoon, and she immediately snatches it from him before pulling open the lid.

I watch as she begins to dig in, dry streaks of mascara staining her cheeks. I smile as she instantly perks up when the ice cream enters her mouth.

I hear Julian dig into the bag again and I turn to look at him in confusion, until I see him pull out two more identical cartons; chocolate fudge brownie.

He sends me a smile as he extends it out towards me and I take it from him, also accepting the spoon he gives me. I do the same as Emily and begin to dig in, letting out a sigh of satisfaction when it instantly melts on my tongue.

"It's sooo good." Emily and I both say in unison and Julian looks at us in horror.

"Oh god, I hate when you two do that—it's sooo creepy."

We both laugh, and I turn to see her grinning wide as she wipes at her face. "Why am I crying for an asshole? Hell, there's plenty of hot guys out there."

I grin. "That's the spirit! Remember the number one rule after a breakup—make him regret his decision."

"Yeah," she agrees, putting another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. "I meeb a guy phoo is willing to be mwhy phake boyphrund." She mumbles, a bit of ice cream dripping down her chin, and I grimace.

"Em, that's disgusting."

Julian laughs from where he's standing and I turn my attention to him. "I love you, sis."

She swallows her ice cream and grins cheekily. "I love you too, Jules." She replies. "Anyways, what I meant to say was: I need a guy who is willing to be my fake boyfriend."

I turn to give her a confused look, an eyebrow raised. "What?"

"I need a fake boyfriend to, you know, help me make Rickster jealous."

"Why does he have to be fake though?" I question.

"Because fuck real relationships." She scoffs, scrunching up her face in annoyance.

I shake my head at her, sighing. "Oh, Em, don't punish all the guys for a mistake one guy is responsible for."

"I can't help it." She groans. "I actually believed he cared about me."

"How about, we go out and have fun?" Julian speaks up as he takes a seat at the edge of the bed. "Me, Alexander, Damian, and a few others were planning on going to a cliff and hang out. You two can come along."

I turn to give Emily an encouraging smile and she stuffs more ice cream into her mouth.

"Phuck yeah!"