2.5

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

Slap.

"Ow, what the hell was that for?" Julian exclaims as he grabs his cheek, and I clap my hands as if I'm trying to get rid of imaginary dust.

"I've been wanting to do that since, well you know." I answer him, smiling in triumph.

He scoffs, rubbing his reddened cheek. "I thought you were over it already."

"I am," I say, "Now, at least."

He gives me a blank stare, dropping his hand by his side. I hold back the urge to laugh at my hand printed on his cheek.

"It's been a little over a month, why are you getting revenge now?"

"Well," I start, ruffling his hair. "I've been keeping my anger bottled up, but the incident between my mom and her soon to be ex husband made me snap, and well I figured why not let it all out on you?"

"I don't find that fair, at all."

I ruffle his hair a little more, and he grabs my wrist as he pushes my hand away.

I laugh, "Life's not fair, sweetheart."

He shakes his head at me, before he walks out of the house and closes the door behind him.

However, a few seconds later, he opens it again and pokes his head back into the house to look at me.

"Prince Eric is waiting for his Ariel right outside." He tells me with a straight face, and I blush.

"Coming," I say.

"I'll be sure to let him know." He nods, closing the door behind him once again.

I hear Emily rushing down the stairs and I turn around to look up at her, my eyes instantly widening.

"Timber!" She screams, and I open my arms just in time for her to crash into me, and I grunt in pain as I fall back flat on my back, with her falling right on top of me.

"Em...what the...hell..." I grumble, having a difficult time to catch back my breath as the wind was knocked out of me.

She mumbles something under her breath, before she lifts herself off of me and rolls onto her back beside me.

"Don't try to hurry down the stairs with your shoes untied..."

I instantly lift my hand off the ground and slap it right on my face. "Em, I swear..."

Silence surrounds us, before she suddenly begins to chuckle softly, but soon enough it turns into straight up laughter.

"Your face!" She chokes out, and I join in shortly.

"You should've seen your face." I laugh, remembering her face expression as she tried to catch back her balance while tumbling down the stairs. "Priceless!"

"You looked like a deer caught in headlights!" She wheezes.

"And you looked like a dog who was running and tripped on their front paws!"