Character Interview

"Why are we here?"

"I don't know, an unknown number just messaged me to be here."

"Same here."

"You guys actually came because of a text from a stranger?!"

"You're here."

"..."

I enter the room and take a seat on the couch opposite from them, setting the clipboard with the questions on my lap. I offer them a friendly smile, "Hey, how are you guys today?"

Damien makes a face, "Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Kimberly Hernandez, but I'm mainly known as Kimmy Herz." I answer.

"Okay? And...?" Steven interjects as he plays with a soccer ball in his hands.

I sigh. "I'm the girl who created– never mind, that's not important."

"Created what?" Alex questions.

"Nothing."

"Created what? I'm curious now." Damien asks next, tilting his head to one side.

"Nothing." I repeat.

"Created wha–"

I cut Alex off, "I said nothing, goddamnit!"

They all blink at me, and I pinch the bridge of my nose as I close my eyes and sigh. "Sorry, Alex, I just don't like repeating myself so much."

I open my eyes again and furrow my eyebrows when they're all staring at me in horror.

"What?"

"She's a witch! How did you know my name?!" He asks, putting his feet up on the couch as he points an accusing finger at me. "Why did you bring us here?!"

I roll my eyes, "Get your feet off the couch, and I know all of your names. Big whoop."

"WHAT?!"

I groan as I rub my temples, regretting my decision to interview them. "Chill out, without me you guys don't even exist."

"You're not my mom!" Damien scoffs.

"No, I'm greater than her." I smirk, winking at him. Emily quickly glares at me and climbs onto his lap.

"No one's greater than my precious mother, you freak!"

"I created your mom as well."

"Wait what the fuck? So, you're my grandma? You don't look old, at all."

"You know what? Fine, you're all made-up characters from my book. Without me, not only do you not exist, but you also wouldn't have fans."

"Fans?" Alex questions, "Ooh, tell me more. Are they hot?"

"Alex!" Courtney snaps, smacking his arm.

"Ow!"

"They're all beautiful, and they're the ones who agreed to have me here with you guys to ask you some questions. So, if you don't mind answering them, that would be great." I say, grabbing my clipboard to begin.

"Wait, hold on." Alex stops me and I look up from my clipboard confused. "You control everything that happens in this book, don't you?" I nod. "Then answer me this, why did you make my mom sick?"

"Yeah, why?" Alexandra pipes in and I let out a nervous laugh.

"What about me? Why did you make me have cancer?" Emily wants to know. "That experience sucked so bad."