2.3

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"I still think it's funny that it's been a week and Alex is still kinda limping his way around school." Emily laughs and I frown as I see him walk toward his group of friends.

"It's not funny, I want kids when I'm older." I say, slapping my hand over my mouth when I realize what I just said. "I mean, I will."

"Hold up, hold up, did you just imply that you want his kids?" She asks in a teasing manner and I look down shyly.

"No, I just– dammit, Em."

She laughs, "Don't worry, I'm sure his family jewels are perfectly fine."

"Ha-ha, funny." I say sarcastically, narrowing my eyes at her. "I'm just upset about the fact that every time I want to tell him, we get interrupted."

"Then why don't you just slap them, push them out of the room, tell them to fuck off, close the door in their face, finish telling him, then kiss the sweet life out of him?"

"That's rude."

She rolls her eyes, "They're the ones interrupting someone who is talking."

"I guess," I sigh, "Why did our parents have to marry?" I ask, keeping my attention on Alex as Damian pushes him back gently and Alex returns the favor, but much harder.

She shrugs, turning to look at the guys, "It happened for a reason, because if their marriage wouldn't have happened, you would have never admitted your crush towards him."

"What does their marriage have to do with me admitting my crush?" I question, finally switching my attention to her.

"Without the proposal, you guys wouldn't be living together. Therefore, you two wouldn't have spent as much time as you do at home and you would've just gotten over your small crush."

"I would've preferred that, one hundred percent."

She frowns, "Damian told me a secret, and I'm not allowed to tell you but I didn't promise him anything. Besides, it really seems like you need to know."

"What?" I ask, eager to hear the secret.

"Alex also likes you, but he says that he only wants to focus in school, but if you tell him I'm sure he will change his mind." She squeals and I can't help but smile at the news.

I turn back to look at Alex and I gasp slightly when I notice him already staring. We both smile at each other and I give him a small wave, as he quickly returns it.

"I think," I begin to speak, "I won't tell him anything."

"What?" Emily ushers, "Why not?!"

"If he really likes me, he would tell me himself, and I'll wait until that day comes."

She blinks at me, registering what I just said in her head before she speaks, "You're an idiot."

"Shut up, I know what I'm doing."

"Still an idiot." She rephrases, slapping her forehead as she lets out a loud sigh.