2.8

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Hello?" I answer my phone.

"Courtney?" Alex replies, "Oh god, your voice sounds so nice right now. Please come over."

I furrow my eyebrows in concern, "Alex, what's wrong?"

I hear him sigh, "Seeing my mom was already overwhelming, but adding her condition made things worse. God Alexa was working to save up for her treatments, so our mom was just at home suffering."

"Oh no, that's terrible." I say softly, putting my hand over my mouth.

"I know, there's a lot to explain, just please come over. No one's home." He pleads.

I hesitate for a moment, but I soon agree.

"Okay, but can you pick me up?"

"I'll be there in a bit." He quickly replies, sounding relieved.

"Okay, I'll be waiting outside."

"Alright."

I hang up my phone and I look up to see Emily's confused face.

"Alex wants me to go over to talk about his mom." I explain to her, but she only smirks back at me. "What?"

"To talk about his mom?" She asks in a teasing manner and I roll my eyes.

"Oh grow up, will you?" I mock as I throw a pillow at her and she laughs as she catches it.

"Whatever." She says, "You better give me details!" She calls out as I exit her room and I stick my hand back into the room as I flip her off, making her laugh. "Real mature!"

"More than you!"

"Ooh, I just got a second degree burn!"

I laugh, "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

I skip my way down the stairs and I look around for my mom, but when I enter the kitchen I only find Nichole.

"Nichole, do you know where my mom is?" I ask her.

She looks up from the stove and smiles at me. "Yes, I think Walter is finally going to sign the papers today. So she's out getting that done. Isn't that exciting?" She grins and I smile wide as I nod.

"Definitely, but can you please let her know that I'll be out for a while?" I tell her and she smirks at me.

Oh dear.

"Well, of course I will. If you promise me you'll use protection." She winks and I choke on air, coughing as she laughs hysterically. "I'm joking, sweetie, now go on and do what you need."

I clear my throat and do as told, turning around and exiting the house.

By the time I exit the door, Alex's truck is already parked by the driveway and I rush into the passenger's seat.

He smiles, "Hey."

"Hi." I reply with a smile of my own.