Chapter 5: The Pain

*Rose's POV*

I wake up sore and in a lot of pain. I open my eyes even though my body was telling me to go back to sleep. I see two silhouettes looking over at me. I back up slowly just in case one of them want to hurt me again. I look closely at the silhouettes to see that it was Ashton and Michael. They come closer and I back up more, not caring about being afraid of small spaces anymore. They stop at the edge of the bed and I tremble with fear, not knowing what they are going to do to me. To be honest, they are hot, but I'm too terrified to think clearly. 

"Come here, now." Michael sorta demands/tells me. I slowly scoot over towards them one because I'm scared and two because of The Pain I was in. I flinch as they grab my arms with strong grips. Since my arms were covered with bruises and cuts it made the pain worse. They drag me downstairs and into the living room, where Luke and Calum were waiting. They push me onto the ground and I drop like a rock. I try to get up but my muscles gave up on me. I was trembling as Luke walked over towards me and brings his mouth to my ear.

"Get up now." He whispers harshly and I try to get up but my body shut down. Ashton catches me right before I hit the ground. My eyelids flutter as I fight to stay awake (like I am right now). I feel my body being moved but my body didn't care. I feel the soft material of the couch on my back as they put me down. Suddenly I feel cold water hit my body and I jolt upwards, gasping for air. I look around to see Luke holding a bucket and trying to stifle a laugh. I was choking on the water. I finally catch my breath and my breathing goes back to normal-ish.

"I told you to get up. If I were you, I would be on your best behavior, we have some guests coming over and you are going to stay in your room. Am I clear?" I nod and he continues. "Go get into the shower. Calum show her where the bathroom is." Calum nods and grabs my arm. He pulls me up the stairs to a room.

He opens the door and pushes me into the bathroom. He closes the door and walks away. Calum walks in with a towel and a pair of clothes. I take off my clothes then turn around to look into the mirror and I gasp. I had bruises all over my face, cuts on my arms, more bruises on my stomach, and dry blood everywhere on my body. I get into the shower and wince as the hot water hits my fragile body.

(Skip shower and getting dressed)

After I get dressed and look into the mirror again. I still had many bruises all over my body but I looked cleaner. I look around the room to see if they have a blade if they would be stupid enough to leave it out. I find one and put it up to my already scarred wrist. I slowly drag it across and watch as the blood trickles down the sides of my wrists. Since I'm not used to is anymore, it hurt a lot more. I do three on each wrist before cleaning up the blood and putting on my bracelets. So much for being clean for five weeks.

I walk out to see Calum sitting on the ground and he looks up at me before getting up and dragging me to my room. He throws me into my room and locks the door. I sigh and look at my surroundings closely.

I look around for an escape and see a window. I quietly tiptoe to the window and try to open it. To my luck, it opens quietly and I look down towards the ground. Only two stories high, easy to land. I put one foot out of the window and then do the same with the other. Good thing I took gymnastics for over six years. I jump, landing safely on the ground. I get up quickly and run toward the road. I look around to see that I wasn't too far away from my house, so I run off in the direction my house was.

I was about to turn a corner when a van pulls up next to me. I see Luke jump out of the van and race after me. What he doesn't know is that I did track for about three years. The van drives in front of me so I run the opposite way, only faster. I turn a corner only to be grabbed by two people. I struggle against their grips but it was no use, they were too strong. Luke catches up to us and smirks at me.

"Where are you going? I thought you liked it there? *slap* Don't *punch* ever *kick* run *kick* away *punch* again *slap*. Do you understand me?" He yells and I nod even though I'm lying.

"If you run away again, the beating will be ten times worse than it was now," Calum says and kicks me in the stomach. I double over and Michael knees me in the face. Blood comes gushing out of my nose as Michael kicks me over and over. Even though we are in the middle of the street there's nobody around. Ashton comes over to me and kicks my stomach until I'm coughing up blood. He said he wouldn't hurt me!

He kicks my leg, hard, and I hear a crack and pain shoots up my body. I screamed at the top of my lungs in pain. They stop and just stare at me as I scream. They snap out of their trance and pull me into the van. I was seeing black spots because of the extreme amount of pain. I don't remember anything after that because I blacked out. I wake up back in the baby blue room with the boys looking over me.

"Well, well, well, look who finally woke up. About time too. We are going downstairs, if you try to escape again, your punishment will hurt worse than ever before. Do you understand?" Luke's voice was dripping with venom and I nod. They walk out of the room and I throw the covers off to see my leg. My leg was swollen and they put a makeshift splint on it.

The door opens and my head shoots up. Ashton was standing in the doorway and he starts to walk over to me but I scoot away from him. He said he wouldn't hurt me, but what was I expecting, he's my kidnapper it's not like he cares. He sits beside me and I move away, terrified that he might hit me again. He calmly grabs my hand and I jerk it away from him. He grabs it again with more strength and puts something in my hand. He let go and I look at the small object in my hand; a pill.

"Take it, please. It's just a pain killer." He says and hands me a cup. I hesitantly take it with my shaking hand and take the pill. My hand was so shaky that I almost dropped the cup but Ashton caught it before it hit the bed. He walks out of the room and locks the door behind him. I lay down and silently cry because I don't want to be here in this hell hole anymore.

I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I know is that I'm being shaken awake by Calum. He picks my fragile body and walks downstairs. I was so tired I didn't even fight him, I just lied in his arms, limp and barely awake. He brings me into the living room and sets me on the couch. I see Luke, Ashton, and Michael sitting across from me while Calum sat next to me.

"Ok, so your punishment is that you're not allowed to eat until next Wednesday. You have about a week of no eating. Am I clear?" Luke says and I slightly nod, not caring if I don't go a week without food. I've done it before just longer.

You see, I used to be anorexic before I met Jake, he helped me start eating again. I am so messed up, and they don't even know it. My eyes fluttered shut and I couldn't open them anymore. I guess my head landed on Calum's shoulder because I feel him shift around. I fall into a dream state, also known as sleep, on Calum.

*Calum's POV* (didn't see this coming did you?)

I watch as she falls asleep on my shoulder. She looked so peaceful and calm but at the same time tense and guarded, like her body knew what was going to happen before it happened. I look at her leg and see that it was swollen and bruised. I sorta feel sorry for her but she had this coming. She watched us as we killed him, and what makes it worse is that we didn't even mean to kill him, we just wanted her, but he was in our way.

"Calum, is she asleep?" Luke asks and I nod. He's not mean when Rose isn't around only when she's awake or in the room which I think is weird, I mean he kinda likes her but is mean to her.

"What am I going to do, Luke?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Bring her up to her room. Remember to lock the door and window and make sure she can't get loose again." He tells me and I scoop her up in my arms to bring her to her room. I open the door and walk over to the bed, putting her down gently onto the bed. I check the window to make sure it's locked and start to walk out of the room and lock the door behind me. She won't be able to get out this time.

A/N: Hey penguins how you doing? I would love to know how my readers are doing. Anyway lately I've been feeling depressed and my mom told me that it was just hormones. Just because I'm 13 doesn't mean that what I'm feeling is just my hormones, she doesn't understand that I just want to die sometimes. Anyway I'm going to leave on a happy note, love you guys and have a great day/night. Byeeeeeeee!!!!!!