Chapter 13: Maybe.

*Rose's POV*

   I wake up to someone moving around on the hospital bed. Someone gets off the bed and I hear the pitter patter of their feet as they walk around the room. Memories of last night flood into my brain as I realize that Ashton slept next to me last night. I reluctantly open my eyes and look around the room, spotting Ashton in the bathroom, fixing his hair. I groan and turn over onto my side, still exhausted for some reason. I put the pillow over my head and close my eyes again. I hear Ashton chuckles and the pillow gets ripped away from me.

   "Hey," I whine, not wanting to put up with his childishness. He smiles at me and throws something at me. I catch it and look at it.

   "What is it?" I ask, twiddling with the flat-ish piece of metal. Ashton grabs it and sits next to me.

   "It's a locket, sorta." He says opening it. A picture of a little kid with his family was on one side. On the other side, it had a picture of the kid only older and standing next to two little kids. It took me a second to realize that the kid in the photos was Ashton.

   "Awe, y-you were so cute. Who are they?" I ask referring to the little boy and girl in the second photo.

   "My brother and sister." He sounded so sad, I wonder what happened. I decided not to ask even though my curiosity was killing me.

   "Why are y-you g-giving it to me?" I ask and he looks away.

   "I'm giving it to you because I want you to have it." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

   "Y-you didn't answer my q-question," I state.

   "I'll tell you, I can't right now though." He says before standing up.

   "I gotta go, see you later." He says before leaving. That kid is so fucking bipolar at times. I wonder what's going on inside his head.

         *Naomi's POV*

   I was in so much pain. I was currently laying on the bed in the blue room, thinking about if I should kill myself before they do. I realize that I didn't hear any noise coming from the whole house. I slowly got up and tiptoed to the door. I put my ear on the door and listen carefully. Nothing, perfect. I slowly unlock the door with a bobby pin and creep down the hall. I peeked into all the rooms, making sure the coast was clear.

   I find Luke sleeping in his room, the sounds of his snores were really loud. I tiptoe downstairs and quietly slip out of the house. I make sure no one could see me before bolting. My body burned as I pushed myself harder than I should've. It wasn't long before my body was about to break down. I turn a corner, into an abandoned building and jump over the debris, farther into the building.

   "They'll never find me now," I whisper, out of breath. I find an area with no debris on it and sit down. Now at least I'm safe from those monsters. My mind starts wandering and I think back to when Rose was here. I made her a promise, to keep her safe and I broke it. If I had a penny for every broken promise I would have $600 in cash. I hear shouting in the distance and I stand up quickly.

   "Hey, dude." I hear a girl speak and the conversation continues but I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were walking away.

   "At least it wasn't them," I whisper to myself. I really hope they can't find me. My luck runs short when a hand covers my mouth.

   "Why'd you leave so soon?" One of the voices I'll never forget, says behind me: Calum.

         *Calum's POV*

   I and Ashton get home from the store and I tell Ashton to bring Naomi down. He comes back with a fear-stricken look on his face with no Naomi.