Chapter 23: Mine

*Ashton's POV* (READ AUTHOR NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAPTER PLEASE)

It's been three weeks since I saw Rose. I've been talking to Calum and told him my plan. Of course, he thought it was absolutely absurd but I didn't really care about what he thought. I mean, he wasn't me, he didn't understand my mind. I waited patiently for Rose to call my phone, but it never happened. I decided to take matters into my own hands and drove to the hospital. I park in the parking lot and walk inside. I go to Rose's hospital room and open the door seeing her sleeping. I smile a toothy smile as I sit down in the chair. It was twenty minutes after I came, Rose began to wake up. She hiccups and opens her eyes, startled. I just watch as she looks around, her eyes landing on me. Her eyes widen as she sits up. She didn't even smile, she just crossed her arms and stared at me.

"Where have you been?" She says, anger in laced with her tone. She was angry at me, how sweet.

"I've been talking to Calum and taking a break from reality," I explain and she furrows her eyebrows.

"You weren't drinking were you?" She asks, squinting her eyes at me accusingly. I did but not a lot.

"No," I say, shaking my head. She didn't seem convinced because she kept staring at me.

"Fine. Just a little. Maybe one or two bottles here and there." I say and she rolls her beautiful hazel eyes. I poke her cheek and I could see that she was struggling not to smile as she turned away from me.

"Were you worried?" I ask, raising my eyebrow and she shakes her head.

"No." She says sharply and I laugh.

"Yes, you were don't even deny it, babe." I could see her blush as a smile tugs at her lips. She glances at me but looks away once again. She was playing around, but I wasn't going to play along with her.

"Rose," I say and she finally looks at me. I take this chance to smash my lips onto hers. She seemed surprised but after a few moments, kisses back. Her eyes closed and mine do too. Our lips molded together perfectly, our noses brushing against each other every once in a while. Her hands wrap around my neck as mine wrap around her waist, pulling her close to my body. Her fingers tangle in my hair as she tugs at the roots. She shifts under me until she was laying on the hospital bed, me on top of her. Rose pulls away slowly, looking at my now open eyes. We were both breathing heavily and I was smiling.

"Holy shit," Rose mumbled before I attach my lips to hers once again. Her lips were addicting, like a drug. I couldn't get enough of her lips. Rose wraps her legs around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Hey- oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were busy." Our eyes open and I look behind my shoulder to see Naomi standing there, red-faced.

"Naomi." Rose gasps, basically pushing me off of her. I laugh softly as Rose blushes like mad.

"I'm just going to leave." I finally look at Naomi. She had a large baby bump and from what Michael has told me, she's having twins.

"Wait. Don't leave." Rose says quickly. Naomi seemed to get angry at Rose.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me? I'm your best friend, your only friend." Naomi says, throwing her hands in the air. She was having mood swings and they were intense.

"Naomi. There is nothing going on with me and Ashton." Rose says calmly but Naomi brushes her off.

"Yeah right. There is obviously nothing going on when you're sucking each other faces off." Naomi snaps and pinches the bridge of her nose. She seemed to relax but something seemed off.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you guys." Naomi cries after a moment. Rose runs up to her and hugs her tightly.

"Don't cry Niy, it's just your hormones," Rose says, patting Naomi's back lightly. Naomi sobs into Rose's shoulder as she tries to calm her down.