Chapter 12: Speaking

*Rose's POV* (two weeks later)

I finally have all my casts off and I'm finally speaking clear-ish sentences like Jake wanted me too. My muscles are still stiff from being in casts and a coma but other than that I'm ok. Ashton, and sometimes Michael and Calum, visit every day even though I really don't want him too. I was currently in speech therapy, trying to say certain words.

"Try sanctuary," Lena says and I take a deep before speaking.

"S-sa-sanc-sanctuary," I say and Lena high fives me. I was getting better but I still had a bad stutter.

"Ok, that's it for today. Come on let's get you some real food." She says and we walk to my hospital room. I still have to stay here because I can't walk as good as everyone else and I have to work on that.

"C-can w-we get s-something like ice cream, o-or something?" I ask and she nods.

"You wait here and I will get you some ice cream." She says as I sit down on my hospital bed. I grab a book that Lena bought me, much to my objection, and started reading it. Get about a fifth of the first chapter when my door opens. I look up to see Lena standing there with ice cream in her hands.

"T-thank you," I say as she hands me the ice cream. I start thinking. Is Naomi ok?

"H-have you f-found Naomi yet?" I ask and Lena shakes her head.

"No sweety, I'm sorry." She says and I nod.

"When I-I was k-kidnapped, s-she was t-there with m-me," I say and Lena's eyes widen.

"Really? Oh god. She could be in a worse condition than you are." She stresses and I lick my spoon.

"A-actually, s-she, um, s-she b-beat one of t-them. L-last time I-I saw her, s-she knocked one o-of them o-out." I laugh softly remembering it. Lena looks at me and frowns.

"You think its funny?" She asks and I shake my head.

"N-no, what I-I think i-is funny i-is that f-four g-guys c-can gets b-beaten u-up by a g-girl," I say staring at her. She nods and chuckles. The door opens and Ashton walks in. Lena excuses herself and leaves us alone.

"Hey. How are you doing?" He asks, trying to spark a conversation. I shrug and look at my hands. I'm still terrified of him and the others but I was getting better at speaking to them. He sits down and the only thing you could hear was our breathing.

"W-why are y-you h-here?" I ask quietly and he looks at me.

"I-I don't know actually. I feel like you shouldn't be alone." His voice was a little shaky and I got confused. Why is his voice shaking?

"I-is N-Naomi o-ok?" I ask, afraid of the answer. He shrugs and looks at his feet.

"She's ok I guess. I mean we haven't hurt her." He whispers and I nod.

"So, um, why did you decide to talk again?" He asks the question I haven't answered yet.

"T-that's none o-of y-your business," I whisper and Ashton sighs.

"Why won't you tell anyone?" He whines and I giggle quietly.

"I-I don't w-want p-people t-to t-think I'm c-crazy," I whisper so quietly that I barely heard myself.

"Why would people think your crazy?" He pushes on. I think what happened in my coma.

"W-while I w-was i-in the c-coma, I s-saw s-something," I say and he frowns.

"What do you mean you saw something? What did you see?" He asks and I shut my mouth. 'Jake wants you to speak, fall back in love with someone. Do it for him.'