Chapter 6

Kari's POV:

"Why are you wearing a boy's shirt?" Evie asks, waking me up from my deep slumber. I slowly open my eyes and smile at her.

"Because it's my mate's shirt. You will meet him today, he's the one coming to get us." I say and pinch her cheek. She slaps my hand away and puts a frown on her face.

"Don't do that! Come on it's 9:30, you have to get up now!" I fling up, it's 9:30 already! That's gives me like no time to look decent! "I'm going to finish up the cereal, so you're going to have to have a granola bar!" She shouts as she jumps off my bed and leaves my room. I hop out of bed and grab my clothes that I'm going to wear. I throw on my shorts and yellow top, it's suppose to be warm out today. I throw my sleeping shirt into my suit case and pack up my tooth brush and makeup. After I run my fingers through my bed head to make sure it's presentable I grab my suitcase and head into the living room. I see Evie bouncing on the couch. "Kari! I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet our new pack." She says giggling.

I laugh at her and place my suit case near the door. I eat my bar and take out our trash to the dumpster that's outside. Okay, now the only things left in the apartment are the things that were here before, like the beds, couch, tv, and appliances. When I get back to the room I sit with Evie on the couch and wait for Trent to get here.

There is a knock at the door and my stomach gets butterflies knowing who's on the other side. Evie squeals and flies to the door and opens it for Trent. "You must be Kari's mate! It's so nice to meet you!" She shouts and sticks her hand out for Trent to shake. He takes her hand and shakes it.

"You must be the famous Evelyn. It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Trent." He says nicely. He walks past Evie and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "So, can I help you girls with your bags?" I laugh and walk over to my suitcase and backpack and pick them up.

"I'm good but could you grab Evie's things?" I ask sweetly. He nods an grabs her two small suitcases while Evie gets her backpack and favorite stuffed bear. "Trent thank you so much for letting us stay at the pack house. It means so much to me." I say gratefully. He smiles in return.

"Anything for you Kari." My wolf purrs at this and I smile. "Now let's get you guys to your new home, and get you all settled in." We head out to his car and throw our things into the trunk. I have Evie hop in the back where Bryce sat. Wow, Bryce... I haven't seen him in a while. My wolf seems restless at the thought. Why is she doing that? That's weird. "Ready to go Kari?" Trent says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yup I'm ready." I say. I get into the passenger seat and shut the door. Trent turns the car on, then we head to the pack house. It only takes about five minutes to get there. Once we arrive I hear Evie gasp. The place is huge. It's deep in the woods and it's the size of a mansion. When he pulls the car up there are two of adults and two kids, who are around Evie's age, standing there and waiting for us to get out. Trent is the first to get out of the car. He walks over to my side and helps me and Evie get out.

"Kari and Evelyn, I want you to meet Ginger and her son Ralf, and Polly and her daughter Rosie." I smile and walk up to them, shaking all their hands.

"It's so nice to meet you." I say in my friendliest tone. They smile back and greet me as well. Evie walks up shyly behind me and holds my leg. "This is my sister Evelyn, Evie say hi."

She slowly steps to the side of me and looks down, "Hi, it's nice to meet you." She says. It's funny to see her like this. She's usually the most outgoing person.

"Do you wanna play?" The little girl says to Evie. Evie looks up and nods quickly. The little girl, Rosie, runs up to Evie and tags her, "Tag you're it!" She screams and runs away. The boy follows behind Rosie. Evie, shocked, quickly regains herself and chases after the kids. I laugh as they run away. When I turn I see Trent looking off in the direction of the kids with a blank stare, almost like he is annoyed with them. Maybe he doesn't like kids? He shakes it off quickly and looks at me.