Chapter 29

Kari's POV:

"I did it." I state as I place my hands on top of Bryce's desk.

It's been a day since I asked Mimi to get information and believe it or not she got some great info. I'm pretty sure I know who the traitors are.

"You did what exactly?" He asks me from behind his desk. .

"I know who the traitors are." I say with a smirk. This grasps his attention and he looks up at me.

"Wait you're talking about the guys Ashley overheard aren't you?" He says and places his papers down.

I smirk. "That would be them." I state proudly.

"Well are you going to tell me who they are?" He says. I nod and sit down in the seat.

"Of course." I say, "So there are these two rogues, named Carlos and Kyle. They seemed to be branching off from the rest of the group-"

"Kari, just because they are branching off doesn't mean we can consider them traitors." He says frustratedly.

I frown at him. "I'm not done." I say angrily. He raises an eyebrow and urges me to continue. "Sure they were doing weird things, but the most important clue was that all the rouges planned to eat together in the kitchen and the two that showed up late were Carlos and Kyle."

Bryce just gives me a puzzled look. God I have to explain every little detail!

"That's when Ashley overheard them talking! She told me that they mentioned that they had to go eat with the rest of their group before they were too late. It's them Bryce I'm sure of it." I say. He thinks for a moment.

"Damn Kari. Looks like I have a little detective as a mate." He says and smirks at me. I giggle at his reply. "I will have a few of my men keep an eye on them. We can't capture them just yet because we don't know if there are more people working with them..."

"Sounds perfect." I say and stand from my chair. "I will let you catch up on work, but don't forget you have training in an hour!" I say and walk out the door.

As I leave I hear him groan and whisper, "Don't remind me."

I'm walking down the hallway when I hear a piercing scream. My wolf gets into full on protective mode. I sprint in the direction of the scream. I wonder what the hell that was.

As I turn the corner I see two kids surrounding someone whose lying on the floor. A little girl turns around and I see that it's Rosie.

Suddenly my heart starts to race as I realize it's Evie on the floor. I run over to her and lift her up.

"Evie it's me, Kari. Evie!" I shout. No reply, I lean my head down and I hear her heart beating fast. I let out a sigh of relief. It's good to know her heart is still beating but why is she not responding to me?

She must have passed out. What happened though. I look at Rosie.

"Rosie, could you tell me what happened here?" I ask the girl. Her eyes begin to water.

"We were just playing tag, then she fell and screamed." She says and sniffles. "Will she be okay?"

I nod my head, "Yes I think she will be fine. Are you sure she wasn't pushed or she wasn't hurting before this?" I ask gently.

She shakes her head. "No she was acting normal up until she fell, she just screamed and grabbed her head." Rosie said with worry.

Her head huh? Poor Evie, I should just let her rest.

"I'm going to take her back to her room, but she will be fine," I say hopefully, I'm not sure what it is but I have a feeling she's okay. I should probably have Dr. Silver come over and check on her though.