Chapter 7

Bryce's POV:

When I get to my room I grab my cell phone. I flip through my contacts and call my dad. It rings twice then I hear him answer. "What's up Bryce. I'm in the middle of my mission." He says. My dad works for this secret agency. I have no idea what he does, but he's never home and he always leaves us and mom.

"Sorry to bother you dad, but I wanted to tell you I found my mate." I hear my dad tell his co workers to give him a minute.

"Son that's awesome, I'm so happy for you." I can tell he means it. Although he is never here he truly cares about his family. He works all the time because mom has this incurable disease and he is trying to make money to help keep her alive.

"Thanks, I was happy too. Until Trent banned me from seeing her. To make it worse, she thinks Trent is her mate. It's not possible for someone to have two mates, right? Dad I need help there is nothing I can do." I hear my dad growl in the background.

"Your brother is a dumb ass. I can't believe he would do this to his own brother." He pauses a takes a deep breath. "I don't think it's possible to have two mates, so you are sure she is your mate right?"

"Yes dad I'm sure." I say.

"Alright, what's her name then son." He says. I let out a sigh of relief. Leave it to dad to fix the problem.

"Her name is Kari Brewer. She's beautiful and sweet dad, you would love her." I say. But I hear no reply. "Uh, dad are you there?" I ask him. It takes a few moments but he finally answers me.

"Kari Brewer huh. Um... You know I think I'm just going to come home. Maybe I should deal with this in person..." He says. That's really weird.

"Dad you don't have to stop working to come handle this, I just need you to talk some sense into Trent." I say. I hear him let out a low growl.

"I'm coming home. I will see you in a week." He hangs up the phone without saying another word. I sigh. Well that's great, now I made dad stop his work. Oh well, at least this will all be settled when he gets home. I put my phone back onto my nightstand and lie on my bed. Honestly why can't things just be simple for once in my life.

---

Kari's POV:

Evie and I walk into her new room. She squeals and runs around in circles. "This place is so nice! I love it here Kari!" She jumps on her princess style bed and then flops down. "You think we can stay here forever?" She asks.

"I hope so Evie. Trent is the alpha of the pack so he will be able to protect us." I say proudly and I walk over to her bed. She sighs.

"Good, because I'm done with moving. I want to stay here forever." She adds. I flop down next to her and we stare at her ceiling together. "I'm hungry..." She complains as her belly rumbles. I laugh.

"I will go make you some dinner. What do you want?" I ask her and begin to sit up from the bed.

"I will eat anything." She say. I kiss her on the forehead and get out of her room. I shut her door behind me. As I walk to head to the kitchen I realize I have no idea where to go... Crap.

I hear a door open and I look up. I see Bryce looking at me and I sigh in relief. I walk over to him but he stiffens. Weird? "Um, Bryce I have no idea how to get to the kitchen. Can you show me please." He just stares at me for a moment. So I give him my puppy dog look. He tries to hold down his smile, but he soon bursts out laughing.

"Kari don't make that face every again, it's too funny." He finishes up laughing. I smile, his laughter is a nice melody. "Yeah I can show you were the kitchen is, why are you hungry?" He asks and starts to walk down the hall with big strides. My legs are so short compared to his I have to struggles to keep up.