Chapter 9

Kari's POV:

After the movie last night I decided it would be best for me to sleep with Evie. When I went into her room she was fast asleep so I crawled in with her. When I did fall asleep, all I could think about was Bryce. How annoying is that? Honestly my freaking wolf can't make up her mind! Alpha or Beta? Which one do you want sweet heart?

It's now morning, I let out a sigh. I must have a defective wolf or something... It's impossible for a werewolf to have more than one mate, so I don't know what's going on anymore. The signs of being a mate are there for both Trent and Bryce. For some odd reason though, they seem stronger with Bryce. I shake my head. No, Trent is the one who brought me here, and he's the one who actually acknowledges me as his mate. Bryce probably never even saw me in that kind of way. My wolf whimpers at the thought of Bryce never caring. Just then I hear little rustles coming from next to me on the bed, I look down to see Evie starting to wake up.

"Brycey? Is that you?" She ask groggily. I give her an odd look. Bryce? Why would he be here?

"No, it's me, Kari." I say to her. She blinks, opens her sleepy eyes a few times and smiles up at me.

"Kari! You're okay! Bryce said you would be okay, but I wasn't sure." She says as she gently hugs me. I hug her back. What is going on with her this morning, she is acting crazy.

"Um, Evie are you alright?" I ask her calmly. She giggles and releases me from her hug. She slowly gets up from bed and stands on the floor.

"I'm fine, I just had a nightmare last night and Bryce helped me through it." She turns and skips to the bathroom. I smile, I guess she has really taken a liking to Bryce. Why can't she like Trent like that? I sigh. I better go change and make breakfast. I have school in an hour. I walk out of Evie's room and cross the hall into mine and Trent's room. When I enter I expect to see Trent still sleeping but he's wide awake and changing. He smiles at me and walks over.

"Morning Kari." He says lightly. He walks over to me and hugs me, I hug him back. Suddenly my wolf growls in my head, at first I'm confused with her. Then I realize that thats's not the only weird thing, I don't feel any of the tingles spreading through my body where Trent is hugging me. I pull out of the hug and think to myself for a moment. What's happening?

"Uh, morning. I'm just going to go changed real fast and get ready for school." He nods his head and walks back over to his dresser. I grab my uniform, a black bra, and new underwear. Then I head into the bathroom. Quickly I change into my uniform, put on a little bit of makeup, brush my hair, and put on the bracelet Trent gave me. When I'm done I walk out and see Trent waiting to use the bathroom. I blush slightly, "Sorry for making you wait." I say.

He smiles and walks up and kisses my cheek. Tingles fly through my body like they normally do, okay things are back to normal now. Yeah my wolf is definitely messed up in the head. "It's no problem babe. I will see you down stairs when I'm done getting ready." I smile at him and wave, heading out the door and down to the kitchen area. When I get there the whole kitchen is filled. There are mothers making their kids breakfast and kids my age making their own breakfast. Oh no! I forgot that I have to make Evie something. I look around the kitchen for her.

When I see her, she is sitting on a stool at the island talking happily to Bryce. He is laughing at her joke which is most likely not funny at all. I walk over to them, "So what's going on here?" I ask nicely.

Bryce looks up and smiles, "Just making French Toast, you want some?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow at him and pull a stool up next to Evie and sit there.

"I thought you weren't planning on cooking for me ever again?" I say questioningly. He laughs.

"I was cooking for Evie and I felt bad you didn't have anything, but I guess I just won't make any for you then." He shrugs. He goes back to making the French toast.