Chapter 14

Kari's POV:

I look at him in shock for a moment. Then I run up to him and embrace him in a hug. After a few moments he hugs me back. He digs his face into the crook of my neck and inhales my scent. I can feel him shaking so I hold him tighter. Warm drops of liquid fall onto my skin and I know he is crying. "Bryce it's okay now, tell me what happened." He takes another deep breath and slowly his shaking begins to slow down.

"There was a man. He had two rogues with him, first he killed my mom and then my dad." My eyes open wide. Oh my god.

"Brice where did all this blood come from." I ask worriedly and pull back from the hug and check his whole body, looking at the immense amount of blood that is covering it.

"I killed them, the rogues. They got in my way." He takes a deep breath. "I was too late Kari, I couldn't save them." A single tear falls from his eye and he looks down.

"Bryce it's not your fault." I say to him. He shakes his head as if he doesn't believe me. I grab his face in between my hands. He looks at me. "It's not your fault. We will get the man who did this to your parents." I say to him. Sadness fills his eyes and he nods. He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. I follow him.

"What's going on here." Trent's voice says from behind us. We freeze and turn around. Bryce's whole demeanor changes. When he turns around he pulls me behind him.

"Trent." Bryce says in a sad tone. "Mom and dad are dead." Trent face falls and he just looks at us with a blank expression.

"What do you mean they are dead." He says with no emotion in his voice. I squeeze Bryce's hand for support. He takes in a deep breath and continues.

"They were killed in the hospital. I came to late, the man had already killed them. By the time I got to the guy he disapeared in thin air and there was nothing I could do." Trent's eyes begin to water.

"No... Mom can't be dead." He looks at Bryce. Bryce looks down in disappointment and Trent realizes it's true. Suddenly he growls and looks toward me. "It's all your fault." He jumps at me and shifts into a blonde wolf. Bryce shoves me further behind him and shifts into a giant black wolf that's covered in dried blood. My heart beat quickens, shit they are going to fight!

Bryce tackles the leaping Trent to the ground. Trent slashes at Bryce and gets him on the stomach. Bryce growls viciously and slams Trent against the wall. He whimpers in pain but stands back up anyway. He growls at Bryce and Bryce attacks. Trent dodges and bites Bryce's paw. Bryce howls in pain, Trent throws his body weight against Bryce and he is tossed against the wall and hits with a thud, sliding to the ground motionless. I scream. Suddenly Trent's golden face turns my way and he jumps and tackles me to the ground. I try to throw him off but it's no use he's too heavy.

The wolf bains probably worn off by now! I think about my wolf and try to shift. I feel the transformation take over and I'm soon my brown wolf. With much more strength now I throw Trent off of me. I stand and growl at him viciously. He stands and his wolf smirks at me. Oh shit... I didn't realize how much smaller I was compared to them. He bends down getting ready to attack, I back up slightly, staying in defensive mode. He lunges at my paws. I jump up into the air and slam his head down. He lets out a vicious growl and stands up looking at me with hungry animalistic eyes. He lets out a huge growl and heads straight for my neck. Suddenly I see a black mass take down Trent's golden wolf and tackle him to the ground. Bryce stands over Trent and holds him down by the throat, Trent struggles but he can't get up. Eventually Trent shifts back as a form of submitting.

Suddenly a power surges through my body and my wolf glows in pride. What the hell was that?

Bryce shifts back into human form. "Trent, you're lucky you're my brother, if you weren't you would be out of this pack for sure." He says. Then in a loud and threatening demand he adds, "Stay away from Kari, and never lay a hand on her again." Trent nods his head and looks at the floor.

Bryce stands and walks over to me in all his naked glory. I raise and eyebrow at him and look at him seductively. He laughs at me and pats my head. "Come on Kari, let's get to my room. And don't shift back. No ones allowed to see you naked but me." He says in a low tone and shifts back to his black wolf. I blush and follow him up the stairs and into his room. He walks into his closet and returns in gym pants and he tosses me a big T-shirt. I shift back, not caring that he is still looking at me and put the T-shirt on. When I look up I see him staring at me with hunger in his eyes. I smirk at him.

He slowly approaches me and I back up until my back is against the wall. He places his arms on the wall beside me and bends down to whisper in my ear. "I want you so bad right now Kari." I shiver and lean up to whisper back in his ear.

"Maybe you should shower." I say. He looks down at himself and lets out a low laugh. He pushes away from the wall and heads toward the bathroom.

"You can join me if you want." He says to me as he's still walking toward the bathroom.

"Maybe next time Bryce." I laugh at him. He shrugs.

"Your loss." He adds. I laugh again as he shuts the door to the bathroom. I walk over to his dresser and grab a pair of boxers, I slip them on and head out of the room and to Evie's room. I knock on the door. A few moments later it slowly opens to reveal a sad looking Evie. When she sees me her face immediately brightens.

"Kari!" She jumps into my arms and hugs me so tight. I hug her back. "I've missed you so much, no one knew where you were for two whole days!" She complains.

"Sorry, I've been... Uh somewhere. But I'm here now and that's what matters right?" She giggles and I feel her nod her head. "So I have something to tell you." I say to her.

She pulls back from the hug and looks at me. "What is it?" She asks.

I smile happily, "Turns out Bryce is actually my mate." Her jaw drops and she squeals in happiness.

"No way! Yay I'm so happy!" She jumps out of my arms and walks into her room, I follow her and sit on her bed. "You know I had a dream you were really mates and you guys got together." She said. I smiled and look at her.

"Well you my sister had a very accurate dream." I laugh. She giggles and grabs her favorite stuffed animal and gets under the covers of her bed.

"Can you tell me a bed time story?" She asks me. I nod and begin the story that my mom used to always tell me when I was a kid. By the time I finished the story she was sound asleep. I stand up and leave her room, quietly closing the door behind me. I walk back to Bryce's room. I can hear that he is still in the bathroom so I walk over to the bed and crawl into the covers. When I lay my head on the pillow a hint of Bryce's scent washes over me. I close my eyes and inhale it. I enjoy his smell so much more than Trent's. Honestly I'm so stupid. How could I not tell Trent wasn't my mate? I sigh. I feel the other side of the bed dip down. Soon a body is laying flat against my back.

I giggle and lean in to him. He brings down his head and whispers in my ear, "You fit perfectly in my arms." I laugh and turn around in his arms to face him. I look into his eyes lovingly.

"I know." I whisper back and reach up to kiss him on the lips gently. He kisses me back for a moment then I pull back and cuddle my head into his big chest. I close my eyes and fall into the best sleep of my life.

---

***please comment and vote if you enjoy the story ^_^ ***