Chapter 26

Bryce POV:

I look down at the beautiful girl napping in my arms. Her hair falls in soft curls down her back, it's slightly messy from our earlier actions. She is all mine now.

I glance at the clock on my nightstand and sigh. I know I have to get back to work. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with all these rogues and Froam. Ugh, Froam. He got away.

My wolf paces back and forth in my head and let's out a vicious snarl. I hate that man, and I will kill him if it's the last thing I do. I slowly get up and out of bed, carful not to wake Kari.

I go slip on a pair of boxers, shorts and a T-shirt. When I'm done I head to my door. Before I leave I look back at the angel sleeping. I smile to myself. She's absolutely perfect, anyone who tries to hurt her is going to die.

I walk out of the room and gently shut the door. I proceed to walk down the hallway then down the stairs to my office. When I enter, Macy's desk is empty. I sit down in my chair and think.

Theses guys that helped my pack are rogues. My gut tells me I can't trust them but they helped save Kari's life. Even though I just want them gone it is really Kari's decision. She actually knows these guys.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. The real decision is what do I do about Froam. Every time I try to attack him he disappears into thin air, leaving me behind in smoke. How can I beat someone who can't be touched. Just then I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say loudly.

The door opens slowly and I see a serious looking Trent. It seems like ages since I have last seen my brother, and now he wants to talk to me?

"Hi Bryce. I was thinking back, and I know what I did was wrong. It's just, mom was the only one who actually cared for me and I wanted to do anything to save her... Turns out she was just going to die anyway." He says and looks down.

"I'm glad that you're finally realizing this but I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, it's Kari. Obviously I want to be there though when you do apologize to her." I say. Even though he wants to apologize I don't know if he actually wants to or if he is scheming again.

Trent shakes his head. "I know that, but that's not why I'm here." He says suddenly. I give him an odd look.

"Why are you here then?" I ask him. He sighs.

"I heard you were having trouble with the leader of the rogue pack. I heard that he can teleport. I think I know a way to beat him." I raise an eyebrow.

"Sit and tell me about it." I say and gesture my hand toward the seat in front of my desk.

He takes and seat and looks at me. I nod telling him he can begin, "okay well I know this brings up bad memories but do you remember how I fooled Kari?" I think for a moment, then the charm bracelet pops into my head.

"Yeah, you fooled her with that stupid charm bracelet thing." I say. He nods his head.

"The thing is, it was a normal bracelet until I had a witch put a spell on it. Turns out witches have many spells that affect werewolves strongly. I'm sure there is a spell that will prevent a werewolf from using its special ability, just like wolf bane stops us from shifting." He says. I smirk, he is right. If we can find a spell then we have a chance.

"Trent I want you to take me to the witch tomorrow." I say sternly. He scratches his head and looks at his feet.

"Yeah see the thing is, she doesn't really like visitors so I'm going to have to go alone." I look at him with a serious face.