Chapter 31

Kari's POV:

It took a few months for our pack to start to get over the loss of our loved ones. Soon life proceeded on. We went back to school and adults went back to work and life kept going.

Since the accident with Gloria, Evie and Ashley have been doing just fine. Nothing about Evie seems different at the moment, well accept for the new strip of white in her hair. Maybe she will be fine. Maybe Gloria didn't fully succeed in taking Evie's ability... But realistically, I know she wouldn't have left if she didn't get what she wanted.

"Kari!" Evelyn's cute voice shouts to me. I look up from the table I'm sitting at. She smiles and hugs me. "Kari look I met a new friend!" She says and points to the empty hallway. I give her a strange look.

Oh maybe it is her first imaginary friend. I'm about to say something when suddenly a little boy appears. He is around Evie's age. He comes running around the corner and down the hallway toward Evie. Evie giggles and runs from my side and down the hallway away from the boy.

"You will never catch me Jason!" She shouts. Then her and the boy are gone. I smile. That has to be the cutest thing ever. I look back down at the magazine I was reading when suddenly a shy voice fills my ears.

"Kari... I have some news." I look up and see Ashley. She still looks frail but I can tell she's eating because she's got a lot more skin on her bones.

"What's up Ashley?" I ask. She sits down next to me at the table and slowly places her hand on her belly.

"I'm pregnant..." My jaw drops. So the rogues did end up impregnating her... Is she happy or sad about this?

She smiles and looks at me. "Kari it's not what you think. It's Jamie's child... I kind of went through heat three weeks ago and even though Jamie didn't want to push me I told him I was ready." She looks down at her belly with a smile. I squeal and she looks up at me shocked.

"Ashley that is absolutely amazing! I'm so happy for you! You guys are going to be amazing parents." I say to her. She gives me a concerned look.

"Do you think so? I mean I was practically raised with no parents... I don't really know how to be a mother." I laugh and she gives me a funny look.

"Ashley don't worry about it! It is all instinct, and if you ever have any trouble, you have our whole pack to help you out." I say. She nods.

"You're right." Suddenly I hear a bunch of people racing around the house. I stand up. Oh would you look at the time. It's about to begin.

I turn to Ashley, "Come on, it's time." I say. She nods and follows me to the meeting.

We make our way to the stage and I sit in my seat next to Bryce and Ashley sits next to Jamie.

I turn to Bryce and grab his hand. "I'm excited for today. It will be a nice change from the past few months." He smiles at me.

"Yeah it will. I know Laine's excited too." He says with a laugh. I turn my head to the audience and I see Laine in the front row with a huge smile on her face. She's adorable, she looks like a five year old on Christmas morning. "Everyone's here." he says and looks at me. He stands from his chair and gives me a cute smile.

He walks over to the Podium and addresses everyone. "Good morning." he say. "I'm glad you could all make it to the welcoming ceremony of a few new pack members." Bryce looks at the door. "Please welcome Daniel Roger, Victor Hue, Curt Wilson, Amanda Baxter, and Jorge Kilt." The whole room claps. There is even some cheering coming from the crowd. The door opens and all five members walk in. They make their way up to the stage and Bryce shakes hands with each of them.

Then he starts the ceremony.

****

Music blasts through the back yard and people are standing around talking and eating appetizers. I pick up a glass of fruit punch when I feel a presence behind me. I turn around and see Laine smiling at me. I laugh.

"Hi Laine. You look happy." I say.

"I am! Thanks so much Kari for helping convince Bryce to let Dan and the others in the pack... I know it might have been hard considering we recently got rid of all the rogues." She says. I smile at her.

"Oh Laine it's no problem. Bryce welcomed them with open arms, I barley had to convince him to do anything." I say and take a sip of my fruit punch. "I'm glad you're happy though. It's nice to see you smiling and peppy."

Just then I see Dan come up from behind Laine and wrap her in his arms. It's so cute that I can't help but smile.

"Hi babe." He says in her ear. She giggles and looks at me.

"Thanks again Kari. I will see you around." She says. Dan waves to me and pulls Laine away. I laugh. They are so cute together.

"What are you laughing at?" Bryce's deep voice says from behind me. I smile and turn around, I gaze into his brown eyes.

"Just Laine and Dan. They are so cute together that they just make me smile." I say happily. He laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"You're adorable." He whispers to me. I laugh and hug him back.

"You're pretty adorable yourself." He pulls back from the hug and raises and eyebrow at me.

"You know you can't hurt a mans ego more than when you call him adorable..." I laugh and pinch his cheeks.

"But you're just so cute." he smirks and grabs my hand in his own, stopping me from pinching his cheeks.

"You're-" he's cut off by Evie running into his leg. He looks down and she giggles. "Well hello Evie." he says with a smile.

"Hi Brycey." She looks behind her than says, "Can I hide behind your legs?" he laughs.

"If you really want to." he says. She smiles then ducks behind his legs. A few moments later that boy from earlier, Jason I believe it was, comes running around the corner of the house and is looking around frantically.

He looks up and sees me. Then Evie stumbles and moves behind Bryce's legs. Jason sees it and runs after her. She giggles and leaves Bryce's legs. She runs full force toward another group of little kids and Jason chases after her with a smile on his face.

I laugh. "Looks like Evie found herself a little boyfriend."

Bryce laughs, "That's Jason. He's a good kid, she made a good choice." He says. I laugh.

"Bryce I have a good feeling about the future." I say and reach out and hold his hand.

"Me too Kari. Me too." He reaches down and gives me a kiss of a lifetime.

---------

Author's Note:

Hey guys, so this is the last chapter of this book! I'm in the process of writing a sequel. I will post it as soon as I can. ^_^ !!