Chapter 25

Ashley's POV:

"Thank you Dr. Silver!" I say as I leave the room. She's actually a very sweet woman. She is definitely outgoing and not afraid to talk about anything...

"See you later Ashley, and take care of yourself." I smile at her and leave the room. This place is so much nicer than the hospital I have been locked up in for the past few years. I walk through the waiting room where a few patients are still lingering and waiting to be attended to. Then I leave the building. It's a good thing the pack doctor's house is somewhat near to the pack house or else I would be lost without Kari.

When I reach the door to the pack house I timidly open it and walk in. As soon as I shut the door behind me something rams into my side and I fall to the ground. "Ouch." I say lightly.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" I hear a little girl's voice say. I look up to see a pretty little girl probably around 7 years old holding her hand out to me. Her blue eyes look at me apologetically.

I grab her hand but pull myself up with my legs so she doesn't have to pull up my body weight. I smile at her, "It's no problem." I say lightly. I turn to leave. After I get a few steps away the little girl stops me.

"Wait, have you seen my sister?" The girl shouts. I freeze and turn back to the girl. Her face looks sad.

"Um, I'm new so I probably don't know her..." I say sadly and look down. I wish I could help her, but I don't really know anyone here.

"Even if you are new you have to know her! She's the Luna." I look up with a confused face.

"You're Kari's sister?" She smiles and laughs.

"So you do know her! I haven't seen her in a while, do you know where she is?" Wow this little girl is cute and now that I look at her, she has similar features to Kari.

"Yeah she is at the pack doctor's house, she has an appointment right now." She puts a frown on her cute face and plants her hands firmly on her hips.

"I can't believe she hasn't seen me in so long and she chooses to go to the doctors over hanging out with me." The girls huffs. I giggle and she looks up to me.

She smiles brightly and says, "I'm Evelyn by the way. Thanks for helping me." I smile back at her.

"I'm Ashley. It was nice meeting you Evelyn." I say sweetly. She turns around and slowly descends down the long hall.

"Bye!" She shouts. I laugh and wave at her as she descends down the hallway. What a cutie, her and Kari have a ton of similarities. When she gets older they are going to be so much alike.

"Boy do I love the sound of you laughing." A voice says from behind me. A warm tingle flows through my body and I shiver in delight. I turn around and blush as I stare into the eyes of Jamie.

"Um hi." I say shyly. He smiles and walks closer to me. For some reason my body isn't trying to flinch away from his movement toward me.

"So how did your appointment go?" He asks me. Memories of my earlier encounter flash through my mind.

**Flash back to the beginning of Ashley's appointment**

"Are you going to go?" The doctor asks Kari.

"Oh well um." Kari looks at me. "Will you be okay?"

I smile and nod my head. "I will be fine, go ahead." I say to her gently. She smiles back at me then stands.

"Alright I will go then." Kari says and walks to the door. "I will meet you back in the pack house Ashley! See you later!" She adds then leaves the room.