Chapter 20

Bryce's POV:

I wake up with the most beautiful smell surrounding me. I open my eyes to see Kari in bed with me. I smile, I thought she was staying with the girls last night. I look at my beautiful mate for a while and decide I should go get breakfast before I wake her up. I get up from the bed and walk to the door to leave. Just then I hear a shifting from my bed, I turn around and see Evie lazily getting up. Wait Evie? Why is she here too?

"Brycey..." She says in a sleepy tone. I hold my finger up to my mouth and make a shh sound. Then I wave her over to me. Se gets out of the bed and walks over to where I'm standing. "Yes?" She whispers.

"Let's go have some breakfast so we don't wake your sister up." I say to her. She nods enthusiastically and follows me out of the room. I make my way to the kitchen and I tell Evie to sit up in one of the stools. There are people from the pack eating already and I walk over to the other side of the island and ask, "Anything in particular that you would like to eat this morning?"

"Uh..." She thinks for a moment. "Can I have Captain Crunch Berries?" She asks in her cute little voice.

I laugh a little, "Sure thing Evie." I walk over to the cabinet grabbing all the essentials to put together her breakfast. When I was done grabbing the stuff I placed the cereal and milk in the bowl and gave it to Evie with the spoon. "Here you are little one." I say jokingly. She frowns.

"I am not little! You are just huge!" She huffs. I laugh and she begins to smile. "Thanks for the Captain Crunch Brycey!" She starts to eat her breakfast. Okay now I need to find something to eat. I go back to the cabinet and grab a bowl of Coco Puffs. I sit down next to Evie and eat.

When we are done I clean out dishes. "So I need to take care of one quick thing in my office then we can do whatever you want." I say to her. She hops off the chair.

"Well let's hurry then! That way we can have fun quicker!" I laugh and allow my mate's sister to pull me to my office.

We enter and Macy is already at her desk working. She looks up at us and smiles, "Hey guys. Bryce the paper you need to sign is on your desk." She says and then continues her work on the computer.

"Thanks Macy." I walk over to my desk and sit down. I read over the paper that I have to sign to make sure I agree to what it's saying. I sign it then stand. "Alright what is it that you want to do today?" I ask Evie.

"Can you change into a wolf and then I can ride on your back? I've always wanted to do that!" I laugh at that. I've never had anyone ride on my back before. I mean I will do it if that's really what she wants though.

"Alright, that works for me. Macy, I will be out in the woods if you need me." She nods and zones back into her work. Honestly I don't even know what she's doing, I never worked that hard when I was Beta.

I follow Evie out into the woods. I make her sit down while I go shift behind a tree, when I come out she smiles brightly, "Aw! You're so cute!" She walk over and pets my head. "Okay lets run now!" I bend down and she hops on my back. I start off with a walk but slowly make my way into a trot. Evie's giggling the whole time. I get to a river.

Evie decides it would be a fun time to run around and play hide and seek. "Okay so you stay there and count to thirty, then you open your eyes and come find me!" She says excitedly. I roll me eyes, I mean come on of course I already know how to play hide and seek. She starts to walk away. "Okay start now! And no peeking!" I laugh in my head.

I count to thirty and stand up. Well this is going to be easy... I have my wolf senses to help me. I sniff the air and catch Evie's scent. I follow her exact trail and it leads me to a small bush. I poke my head in really fast to scare her. Nothing, there's nothing there. Wait I followed her scent though?