Chapter 23

Hi everyone:) here is just a short look into Ashley's life! Enjoy!

---

Ashley's POV:

"Yes I understand. I'm stupid aren't I? I used to fight back with him but no matter what I did he wouldn't stop. Eventually I just gave up and fell silent under him and let him do what he wanted. I mean I still tried to fight back with the others but nothing helped." Tears form in the brink of my eyes. Kari walks over to me and hugs me. I freezes at the contact at first but then I slowly relax.

"It's okay, and no you aren't stupid. It's not your fault your here. Don't worry. It will all be over soon. You can come back to my pack with me okay? Everyone is really nice. I'm sure you will warm up to some of our boys eventually." I give her a worried look.

"Wait Kari, what if I can never warm up to guys... What if I can't even warm up to my mate." Before Kari can speak I add "He probably won't want me anyway. I mean look at me..." Kari frowns at me. I don't know why she's frowning. I'm ugly, I have dirty hair, I look a mess, I'm way to skinny. Of course my mate won't love me, I mean look at all the things I've done...

"Ashley you're beautiful." I smile lightly, no ones ever called me beautiful before, "no matter who your mate is, he will love you."

"If you say so." I say shyly. Kari lets go of me and walks down the hallway.

"Well I need to go wonder around this place and figure out the land. I will see you tonight. Remember twelve o'clock." Kari says to me and continues to walk.

"Okay! Thanks Kari!" I yell at her as she goes. I stand there for a little while getting my thoughts together. We're doing it. We're going to escape tonight. I smile to myself. I never thought I would get out of this place.

I head back to my room. I think I'm going to shower real fast, try and sneak a quick snack from the kitchen and then pack. I grab a towel and head into my small bathroom. See my bathroom is a mess because Master won't let me use the cleaning supplies for my chamber, I have to clean everyone else's bathrooms but I can't clean my own. I stepped over the moldy crack on the ground and turn on my cold shower. I shiver as the freezing drops run down my body. My water was disconnected from the heater so all I get is cold water. I wash my hair and body as quickly as possible with the bar of soap I was given.

When I'm done I turn off the water and welcome the warmth of my towel. I dry my body off well and put on my nicest pair of underwear so that way I don't have to leave it behind. I put on a sweatshirt and gym shorts since I will need to dress comfortably. I don't bother putting a shirt on underneath since all my shirts are gross and old. I walk toward my door and head out to the kitchen.

I get to the kitchen door but before I enter I hear mumbling. I lean in and listen.

"Sir, I got insight from one of my men that your new prisoner is going to try to escape at midnight." A man says. My eyes open wide. Oh no.

"Is that so?" Master answers. I tremble in fear when I hear his voice. I want to run away but I stay and listen. "I guess we are going to have to take care of her then aren't we?" He says. I hear someone get up from their seat.

I jump away from the door and run off to my room.

I get there quickly. I sit down on my small bed and hug myself.

So I guess we won't be leaving after all. We got caught, well I mean Kari got caught. I don't want to leave without her. She's the only person I've ever really trusted in this place.

I know she is strong. She can probably take him... Deep down I know if he forces himself on her though, there is nothing she can do. I close my eyes and let the thoughts leave my mind and I fall into the darkness of sleep.