Chapter 8

Bryce's POV:

As I walk to my room I think to myself, how the hell did she do that? Kari somehow managed to heal her sister. That's absolutely amazing.

I so badly wanted to embrace her earlier and tell her it would all be okay. She looked so weak and vulnerable, and I left her like that. I'm such an idiot. She clearly wanted me to stay with her, but if I did I wouldn't have wanted to let her go ad I can't disobey Trent's freaking order.

I get into my room and take my shirt and pants off. I jump into my bed and try to nap, but I can't. I keep worrying about Kari. After thinking to myself for a while I let out a frustrated sigh. I can't check up on Kari even if I wanted to, since she is staying with Trent. My wolf growls furiously and paces back and forth. She should be in here with me. I can't wait until dad gets home and straightens this whole situation out. I hop out of bed since I can't sleep, I grab a pair of workout shorts and head down to the home gym that we have.

When I get in there I'm greeted by a bunch of lower ranks training. I walk to the back and put on punching gloves. Once my hands are all wrapped I go to a punching bag and release all my anger.

After about an hour and a half, I've already gone through 3 bags and half the gym cleared out realizing how angry I was. I let out a deep breath and decide that it's time to shower, I need to go to the movie room soon anyway, it's probably around seven now.

I head up to my room and grab my change of clothes. On the way into my bathroom I throw my dirty clothes into my hamper then hop into a nice hot shower. I let the water run over my body and just try to relax. Honestly if Kari didn't ask me if I was going, I probably wouldn't have gone. I really don't want to see Trent cuddle with my mate.

When I'm done showering I get into the clean clothes I picked out earlier. I walk out of the bathroom and grab my cellphone. After that I head down to the movie room.

By the time I arrive, basically everyone is there, Macy, Mimi, Pauly, Gina, Laine, Jamie and Harry. Kari and Trent are still not here yet. I huff and sit in a seat in the middle of one of the couches. "Hey Bryce!" A voice I haven't heard in a while says. Laine comes walking over and sits next to me. Usually I would be okay with her being close to me and maybe cuddling with her, but not anymore. Honestly, every girl but Kari is unattractive to me.

"Hey Laine." I say non enthusiastically to her. She cocks her head to the side.

"What's your deal?" I let out a deep breath.

"Nothing sorry." Right after I say that Trent and Kari come walking in. I turn and look at her, she notices me then her eyes flicker to Laine for and moment and then back to mine. Crap, she probably thinks we are together or something.

"Kari?" I hear everyone but Trent, Macy, and myself yell.

"Oh my god you're a werewolf aren't you!" Mimi yells. Kari puts on a shy look and nods. "Since you're with Trent does that mean that you guys are... Mates?" She asks. Kari giggles.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner. I actually didn't know you all were werewolves until I saw Macy earlier." She says gently.

Mimi runs up and hugs Kari. "I'm so happy! We can become best friends now!" Kari laughs and hugs her back.

"So what movie are we watching?" Harry cuts in. I sigh, finally we can get to the movie.

"Let's watch Titanic." Laine says. Alright I know I'm a man, but if you don't think that's a good movie you're honestly crazy. Sure the love part is sappy, but it has a great story line.

Everyone agrees and Macy goes to put the movie in. Since there aren't any seats left when everyone sits down, Kari and Trent end up on the right side of me and Laine on the left side. Joy. Lucky for me though, Kari is the one next to me and not Trent. Surprisingly Trent and Kari haven't cuddled once and my wolf is pretty content.

The movies going by smoothly, then Trent puts his arm over Kari's shoulder. My wolf growls out viciously in my head. My anger begins to boil. So I stand and head out to the kitchen, "Where are you going?" Laine asks me.

"I'm getting food." I say. Then I walk out the theatre room and into the kitchen. I don't think I can deal with this much longer. I get into the kitchen and rip open the fridge. I take a deep breath but no matter what I do, I can't calm down.

Just then a small hand touches my shoulder and I visibly relax. My wolf calms down immediately as the tingles spread through my shoulder and down my whole body. "Are you okay Bryce?" She asks me gently.

I turn and lock gazes with her gorgeous violet eyes. I let out a sigh, "Yeah I'm fine, just a little tense is all." She looks at me sympathetically.

"Is it because of earlier? I'm really sorry about that... it's weird, I get it, but I think it runs in my family." She looks down. She slowly slides her hand off of my shoulder and brings it to her side. My wolf whimpers from the distance of her touch.

"What do you mean it runs in your family?" I ask her curiously. So her whole family has special powers?

"My mom, she told me how she has a power, but I don't know what she meant back then, but she was always being chased by rogues because of it. And now I think it's because she had a power like this and they were after her, to use her for the power she had." She says quickly and quietly. Wait a second.

"Do you think you can use your powers to heal people or werewolves with diseases and things?" I ask her. She looks at me curiously then sighs.

"Honestly, I don't know. I feel that there has to be a book written on it somewhere. Would you mind coming to the library after school with me tomorrow to help me check it out?" She asks me. Honestly, I need to get to the bottom of this. What if Trent knew Kari had powers? But even Kari didn't know until now. None of it makes sense.

"Yeah let's check it out tomorrow. Don't tell anyone though." I say to her. She nods her head in agreement.

"Uh, I should probably get back to the movie. Thanks for everything though Bryce." She says with a smile then heads out of the kitchen. She suddenly runs back in and I raise and eyebrow at her. She giggles then grabs a granola bar from the cabinet, "I forgot to get what I came in here for..." She says. She turns quickly and walks out of the room. I laugh as soon as she's out of sight. I think I should just go to sleep now. As I head upstairs a thought comes to me, maybe I should check on Evie.

I walk to her door and slowly open it, the way the light shines in from the door it lands on her sleeping face. She's sound asleep, well that's what I think until her watery eyes shoot open and she looks at me. She lets out a cry and hops out of bed, running to me she hugs my legs. I squat down and say, "Evie what's wrong?"

She sniffles, "I keep having the same nightmare." She says frightened. I give her a sympathetic look.

"Well what happens in it?" I ask her. Poor girl, nightmares are the worst.

"A big scary man tries to lock Kari up in a dungeon and tries to take her blood." She lets out another cry and I hug her. What a strange nightmare to have...

"Don't worry, your sister is a big girl and I'm here to protect her too. No one is going to get her." Evie lets out a huge sigh of relief and pulls back from the hug.

"Brycey, can you sleep with me tonight?" She asks cutely. I laugh at her but I mean why not, since Kari will be with Trent, both Evie and I have no one.

"I guess so, but only until you fall asleep okay?" She sighs but nods her head and pulls me into her room. When she gets to bed she gets herself comfortable.

"Tell me a bedtime story!" She cheers. I laugh and tell her a story about a Disney princess. By the time I'm done she's fast asleep. I get up out of her bed and head to my room.

When I shut the door I rip off my shirt and pants and fall asleep in my boxers. Man, today was a long day.