Chapter 10

Kari's POV:

I can't believe this. I have gone through almost half the library and I still haven't found anything. Maybe I should start looking for something different.

I guess it's time to look for Bryce since I haven't found anything. I sigh and walk to were Bryce is supposed to be looking. When I get around the corner of the book shelf I see that he's not there. He didn't leave me did he? I start to worry and glance around. I let out a sigh of relief when I see him at a table reading. Okay, see Kari no need to worry he is only reading.

Oh my god! He is reading! He must have found something.

I walk over to where he is sitting and join him at the table. "So what are you looking at?" I ask him in a girly voice. He looks up from reading.

"Kari this is crazy. This book tells you so much, I even checked the other information that we would know, and it's all correct. This book has to be legitimate." I scoot closer to him and look at the book. I see a header that says 'genezer' and see pictures of werewolves and healing symbols.

"What does it say then?" I ask him quietly and continue to gaze at the book.

"Well first, the book says that a genezer is a werewolf with the ability to heal open wounds and cuts. They can't fix things that are mental, but they can cure physical things that they can touch. Also, they come from a long and old line of werewolves that lived in the Netherlands, the pack was called The Mist pack." I look up and see the interest in his eyes. But he suddenly sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Unfortunately, the genezers have become targets for rogues and other packs because their blood has the ability to heal things that are internal." My eyes widen.

I whisper to myself, "So that's why we were always being chased..." Bryce looks at me worriedly.

"You guys were being chased?" He asks me. I nod my head and look at my hands.

"Yeah, people were after my mom... They chased us everywhere. Only my sister and I were able to get away this last time." Tears fill my eyes and threaten to spill over. I try to blink them away but this time I can't. I feel warm hands grab me and hold me to a hard chest. Tingles shoot through my body and my wolf calms immediately and I begin to relax in his arms. I sniffle and hug Bryce back. We sit there for a little while with me crying on his chest as he holds me. After about ten minutes of this, I sniffle for the last time and pull back. "I'm so sorry about that." He lifts my chin up then wipes my eyes with his thumbs.

"Kari, never feel sorry about something like this, especially not to me." He says smoothly, I nod and grab his hand from my face and hold it, enjoying the intese sparks running through my body. "Maybe we should go home soon Kari." As much as I don't want to, he is right I need to go home and see Trent. My wolf growls in my mind. What's good with her lately? She acts like she hates our mate. Our mate! Oh no, I quickly let go of Bryce's hand, I totally forgot about Trent. I see a hurt expression flash over Bryce's face, but he quickly covers it and stands up with the book. Walking to the shelf he puts the book back and strides back over to me. "Ready to go."

"Yeah, I'm ready." We head to the door, as we leave we wave goodbye to the librarian and get to his black truck. I love how big it is, it's really nice. Maybe he will let me drive it sometime. I get in on the passenger side. "So you think you will ever let me drive this car?" I ask with a smile as I turn to look at Bryce. He raises an eyebrow and turns on the car.

"No." He says. I drop my jaw, what? How can he deny me so coldly like that?

"Aw come on Bryce please." I say in a pleading voice and give him my best puppy dog pout. He turns his face from the road for a moment to look at my face. He lets out a sigh and turns back to the road.