Chapter 28

Kari's POV:

"We need to get all our fighters together." Bryce says and looks at Jamie. "Jamie I need you to train them hard starting now. I will gather everyone but I need you ready to do some hard core training. We have two days to train and get ready for Froam's attack. Can you handle it?" Bryce asks him.

Jamie gives him an assured nod. "Of course. Let me go get ready. Will you have them gathered in the back yard in ten minutes?" He asks.

"Yes." He nods again and leaves in a hurry.

Bryce looks at me for a moment then sighs. "Kari I need to get all the fighters in the backyard now." He says.

"Okay, I will go talk to Ashley and meet you guys out there." I say and stand from my chair.

"Kari." Bryce says. I turn around and look into his eyes.

"What is it?" I say.

"You can't fight with us. I want you to stay with all the women and children here." He says. I glare at him.

"You have got to be kidding me." He gives me a look telling me he isn't. "This is unbelievable! Not only is this my fight, but you expect me to be the Luna of this pack and not fight for it?" I yell at him.

His face grows soft, "Kari I know how much you want to be a part of this but he's coming to take you away from me again. I need to stop that. It's not that I don't want you to fight, it's just that if you are close enough to Froam he can teleport and take you easily."

I let out a light growl, "Bryce I can't let our pack fight for me if I'm not even helping them in the battle."

"You will help all of us more if you are protected and away from the fight. We won't be able to focus if we are worried about you the whole time." He says.

I sigh. Damn why does he have to be more stubborn than me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Fine." I say.

I open my eyes to see Bryce perk up and look at me.

"So you will stay here during the fight?" He says.

I roll my eyes. "I guess so."

He walks over to me and embraces me in a hug. My slight anger leaves my body and I hug him back.

"I love you so much Kari, I never want to lose you." He whispers in my ear.

"You won't Bryce. I will always be with you." I whisper into his chest.

He kisses me on the head. "I have to go get everyone. I love you shorty."

I smile up at him. "I love you too." I give him a small kiss then we part our separate ways.

On my way to Ashley's and Jamie's room I begin to think. I really want to do something to help my pack. I know now that me joining them in battle will only distract them but I just want to help them out in some way... What is it that I can do though?

When I get to the room I gently knock on the door. "One minute!" A voice yells.

I'm assuming it's Ashley because it sounds more like a girl's voice. Suddenly the door opens and reveals Ashley. She's wearing one of Jamie's shirts and a pair of his boxers.

"Eeehh!" Ashley yells excitedly "Kari you came to visit!" I laugh as she pulls me into the room and shuts the door behind her.

"That's a nice get up you've got on." I say and visibly look her up and down.

She blushes a pats the shirt down with her hands to smooth out a few wrinkles. "Well my clothes are in the wash and I have nothing else to wear."

I raise and eyebrow and look at her, "Is that really the only reason why you're wearing his clothes."