Chapter 24

Kari's POV:

I wonder if Ashley is okay? I've been worried about her all night. What if she just got left there? Maybe I should go walk around the house and see if anyone knows where she is.

I get up from sitting on my bed and walk out the door.

Before I ask around, I should probably grab some breakfast then go see Bryce in his office. I skip down to the kitchen. As I get closer a whiff of something delicious crosses my nose. I peer in to see Tasha cooking piles of food. "What's going on in here?" I ask her.

She looks up and smiles, "Oh good morning Kari! Bryce asked some of us to cook for the men who helped us win the fight last night." I smile. Of course he would, that's why I love him!

"Do you want any help?" I ask her and walk around the counter. As I approach the smell of delicious French toast fills my nose. I feel my mouth watering already.

"Oh no, it's fine. Why don't you grab some breakfast and move on with your day!" I laugh at her. I mean how can I resist? Her breakfasts are spectacular!

"You're the best Tasha," I say and grab some French toast. I sit down and demolish the beautiful food on my plate. After I clean up my dishes I walk out and head to Bryce's office. I hope that's where he is. Since he is Alpha now he spends most of his time in that dumb office. I can't believe I'm getting jealous of an office right now...

When I get to the office I hear voices. I guess it's only polite to knock then. So that's what I do.

Macy opens the door. "Oh hey Macy." I say and look around her and see Bryce sitting at his desk. I walk in and stand next to him. Pauly and Harry are also in the room but Jamie is not here. That's odd. I feel fingers wrap around my waist and the next thing I know I'm sitting in Bryce's lap. I laugh and cuddle into him.

"So what are we going to do about these rogues?" Pauly asks. I frown and look at him.

"Don't call them that anymore. They helped me out big time, and I know they helped our pack out too. They deserve a much higher title than 'these rogues'." I say angrily. Bryce runs his hand up and down my arm and it calms me a little.

"Kari's right. They helped us a lot. Now there are a few options. We can repay them by letting them join our pack and possibly risk having some problems or we can break off some of our land that's far down south and allow them to create their own pack and choose their own Alpha." Bryce says. I look up at his authoritative face and giggle to myself. He's so cute when he's leading people. I really just want to kiss him right now. Damn his lips do look delectable...

I feel Bryce stiffen. Oh shit did I say that out loud? "Kari maybe you should go back to the room and I will be up in a few minutes." He says politely. Oh he just wants me out of here. What a butt-face. I laugh.

"If you wanted me out that's all you had to say." I stand up. As soon as I do the door slams open and Jamie is standing there.

"Sorry I'm late Bryce. I slept in." He says through his heavy breaths.

"You slept in?" All the boys say at the same time. Alright that's weird, Jamie's face turns scarlet red at their reaction. What?

"Yeah, I um found my mate." I see Pauly raise an eyebrow seductively at Jamie. Jamie frowns. "No you pervert, we haven't done anything. Stop giving me that look." That's amazing! I run over and hug Jamie. A growl sounds from behind me and I know it's Bryce.

I turn around and look at my jealous mate, "Calm down big boy." I say and turn back to Jamie with a bright smile on my face. "Jamie that's awesome! Who is she?" I ask.