Chapter 19

Kari's POV:

"Is Kari in there? Hello?" A voice screams, waking me up from my deep sleep. "Kari, something is wrong with Evelyn!" The voice shouts. I shoot up from my position and run to the door. I open it to see a frazzled Polly. "Oh thank god, Evelyn is freaking out about some dream she had and she won't talk to anyone until she sees you."

"So she hasn't talked to anyone?" I ask her shocked. She shakes her head.

"She just woke up screaming about her dream and said she wanted to see you. That was all." She said frantically.

"Where is she now!" I asks. She points to her left.

"She's in my daughter's room!" She says. I run out of Laine's room and go straight toward Rosie's room. When I get there I see Rosie sitting on the floor and Evie sitting on the bed holding her legs up to her chest.

"Evie, it's me Kari. Are you okay?" I ask her and sit down onto the bed next to her. She looks at me in complete shock.

"You really are okay." She says. She reaches her hand out to touch my face to make sure I'm real.

I look at her strangely "Why wouldn't I be okay?" I ask her.

"Their back." Is what she tells me. Whose back? What does that mean.?

"What are you saying Evie?" I ask her gently and grab her hand in my own.

"I saw them. The people who killed mom, they are back. They took you Kari." I look at her in surprise. I never told her that mom died. How could she know that?

I gently rub her back and say "It was just a bad dream Evie. See I'm right here so it never happened."

"But it felt so real." She says in amazement. I smile gently.

"Most dreams feel real, but you need to realize that they are dreams. That's why you woke up in bed." She looks down and nods.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She says in a sweet tone.

"It's okay. How about we take you back to my room and we can fall asleep again." I ask her. She lifts up her head and smiles softly.

"Yes please." She says tiredly. I stand up from the bed and grab her hand. She jumps off and follows me out the room. Polly is waiting outside the door.

"I'm so sorry for this. She had a nightmare." I say to her apologetically. She smiles gently at us.

"It's completely fine, I just hope she's alright." She says.

"She's fine now, thank you so much, and once again sorry you had to get up this early." She nods and waves and we walk away. Evie and I make it to my room and I remember Bryce is probably asleep in there. "Evie, we are going to have to be really quiet okay? Bryce is sleeping." She nods her head. I slowly open the door.

I hear light breathing coming from the bed. I tip toe over and hop under the covers, Bryce left enough room so both Evie and I could get in. Maybe he just likes to sleep on one side of the bed, well it helped us out. Evie crawls in after me and cuddles into her pillow. I shut my eyes and allow sleep to take over, hoping that this time, I won't be woken up abruptly.

---

I wake up to the sound of silence. No breathing no nothing. I snap open my eyes and look around me, but neither Evie nor Bryce are in bed. Okay am I really a late sleeper? Why am I always the last one awake? I slowly get up and make my way to the bathroom. I handle my morning routines slowly. When I'm done I go put on a tank top and a pair of gym shorts.

I guess it's time to find the two losers that left me alone. I head to the kitchen. Before I walk in I hear a ton of people talking, so they should be in there. I enter and see a bunch of the pack there. Everyone's having a meal. One of the old ladies cooking says, "Ah Kari, would you like some eggs and toast?" She asks me gently. Well I am hungry but I couldn't ask her to do that.