Chapter 22

Kari's POV:

I see the man that I saved yesterday, Greg I believe his name was, holding onto the guy who was about to hit me. I believe Greg was the one with the gash in his stomach. "Touch her again and I'll kill you."

The evil man nods with a terrified look on his face and runs off. The other man holding onto Ashley lets go and takes off with his buddy.

"Thanks so much, your name's Greg right?" I ask him.

"Yup that's me. I'm sorry about the guys here, most of them haven't seen girls in a while and well they get needy..." I frown.

"Don't try to stand up for them." I say angrily. I stand and turn to Ashley.

"Are you okay?" She looks at me with shocked eyes.

"Why did you step in, you could have been hurt." She says surprised.

"Why wouldn't I step in? They were trying to abuse you. I couldn't just watch it happen." She looks down at her feet.

"I mean it's not like it hasn't happened before" she says with a shrug. I look bewildered at her. This kind of thing has happened to her before? This is so wrong, she is only my age.

"Ashley. I'm so sorry." I say as I realize how she is treated here. "How many times has this happened to you?" She looks at me with sad eyes.

"I don't know three or four times..." Oh my god that's terrible. "A week..." She adds. My heart breaks when she says this. How can this sort of thing happen? What kind of sick monsters do this sort of thing for pleasure?

"Froam just lets them do this? Is he stupid?" She frowns at me.

"He's not stupid. And he does it too. Except he told me I absolutely can't get pregnant or he won't love me anymore."

"You're okay with that? Are you kidding me Ashley? You realize that he doesn't love you, this is just abuse and rape." I say angrily. She looks at me with angry eyes.

"He said that its not rape if I'm okay with it. He says he needs me here, and that he loves me. I want to help him." I frown back at her.

"And what does your wolf think about him." Her look turns from anger to sadness.

"She um... She's mad at me because Master and the rest of the wolves aren't our real mate and I allow it to happen... She doesn't show herself to me very often..." I look at her with sad eyes.

"Oh Ashley that's terrible. You can't let them touch you like that. Froam tried to make it seem like he loves you but Ashley he's just using you as a release." I say sadly. She frowns again.

"You can't tell me that he doesn't love me. I've been with him since I was 14. He has to love me." She whispers. My eyes go wide.

"He's been doing this since you were fourteen! Oh my god." She gives me a weird look.

"What isn't it normal for people who love each other to do that."

"Yeah if you really love them. You don't love him though, nor do you love the other wolves who do that to you. You can't tell me that you like it." She looks down depressed.

"Well... No I don't like it... I cringe every time someone touches me. And it makes me feel sick, but master likes it and I want to please him..." My wolf growls protectively. This guy is such an ass hole.

"I won't let him touch you like that again. I won't let anyone touch you like that again okay." I say to her. She nods. Then I turn to Greg. "Why did you help me." I say with a scowl, still angry from the conversation I just had.