Chapter 27

Ashley's POV:

Why hasn't Jamie returned yet?

See, I tried to fall asleep but no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't able to sleep without him here. I slowly get out of the sheets, then the bed and make my way to the door.

I head out into the hallway and look left and right. I don't know which way I should go to look for him. It's weird being in a place and not knowing my way around. I decide to go right. As I walk down the hallway this weird feeling washes through me. I question it for a moment but continue anyway.

There is a hallway on my left and I decide to take that instead of continuing straight. As I bear left I hear whispering. I slow my walking and get close enough to hear the whispering without being noticed.

"-on the river in three days." A man said. I hear a huff then another guys speaks.

"So he's going to be there in three days? What if we get kicked out before then, did he say we could meet up with them somewhere beforehand?"

"No he didn't say anything, but I mean it's only three days. We have manage trick everyone into thinking we were part of the rebel group this long, so I think by keeping the act up they will easily keep us here for at least three more days." The first guy says.

"Alright, well we should head down to the kitchen. All our old friends are waiting for us."

I hear their feet begin to move, I realize they are heading in my direction. Shit! I quickly and quietly run back the way I came. I make it back to Jamie's room and see that the door is wide open and the light is on.

I walk into the room and see a tray with food and snacks next to the bed. I smile happily knowing that Jamie did this.

Just then I hear someone come up from behind me. Arms encircle around me and I freeze.

Tingles shoot through my body and I relax knowing that it has to be Jamie. I feel him move his face closer to my ear. His light breathe tickles me as it brushes my skin.

"Ashley, I had no idea where you were. You scared me." He whispers. I giggle from being tickled.

"I was out looking for you, I wasn't sure why you took so long to get back." I say. He releases me and turns me around to face him. He has the cutest smile on his face.

"The reason I took so long was because I made you breakfast." I laugh and turn to look at the tray of food.

"I see that, it looks delicious but isn't that a lot of food for one girl?" I ask. I hear him laugh and I turn and give him my confused look. "What?" I say.

"I'm going to eat with you silly." He ruffles my hair and walks over toward the tray of food. I smile and follow him.

We situate ourselves onto the bed and eat all the delicious food on the tray. When we are done I lie down on my tummy and let out a content sigh.

"You sure can cook." I say. He laughs and lies down next to me and looks at me.

"Yeah for some weird reason, when Bryce an I were kids we loved being in the kitchen. Turns out it helped us in the long run because now we can actually cook." He says with a laugh.

I smile, not because of his comment but because he is just too cute. Also he is mine, my mate. And he seems to like me.

Jamie reaches out his hand and gently touches my cheek. "You're beautiful Ashley. Never stop smiling." He says.

My heart swells with happiness, I can't believe he's being so sweet. I know it must be hard for him since I'm not very good with contact, and he probably wants to mark me and mate me. It's natural for all werewolf males to want that as soon as they find their mate. Somehow Jamie manages to not even show the fact that he wants to be with me like that. I don't know if I should be thankful or worried.