Chapter 21

Kari's POV:

Lazily my eyes drift open. I glance around me and see I'm in a large bed. It's actually very comfortable but the scent surrounding me isn't a good one. I wrinkle my nose. How did I sleep with this surrounding me?

Suddenly memories of the night before hit me. I check my surroundings one more time to make sure I'm definitely not inside the healing room anymore. Nope, I'm in a big bed. The walls of the room are white and the floor is white tile. I hop out of the bed and see I'm still in the crappy t-shirt that Victoria gave me. I walk up to a desk and see a picture. In the picture is the Froam guy who is next to a beautiful woman with long dark brown hair. Next to them is Victoria and two other people who have close features to Victoria. I assume they are her parents.

"What are you doing?" An authoritative voice shouts. I jump and drop the picture on the table. I turn to see Froam.

"I was just looking around." I said honestly. He frowns.

"Well stay away from personal stuff." He walks over and flips the picture so that it is facing down. "Come with me." He grabs my arm forcefully and I stumble behind him.

"Um, could I please have some underwear and real clothes." He lets out a deep breath.

"Fine. But don't expect to keep it on the whole time. Only when you're in front of the pack." He tells one of his guards to go fetch Ashley and have her bring clothes for me. He pushes me back into the room. "Stay here until Ashley has you dressed. When you're done tell Ashley to escort you to the kitchen."

I nod as he closes the door behind him. What a jerk. I walk over to the bed and sit down. Well I mean it could be worse I guess...

A few seconds later a gentle knock sounds on the door. "Come in!" I shout. I hear her stumble with the door handle but Ashley soon manages to get into the room.

"I brought you a comfy sweatshirt, a bra, panties and some jean shorts. I'm sorry but he didn't give me much time to grab things." I smile.

"No it's perfect thank you!" I grab the underwear and put them on, then I slip the bra under the shirt I'm wearing and put that on. When I'm done I take off the dirty shirt and throw on the sweatshirt and jean shorts. I sigh in relief, oh it's so nice to have on real clothing. "Thanks so much Ashley." She smiles.

"Oh it's no problem at all!" She walks toward the door to leave.

"Wait!" She pauses and turns to me. "Can you take me to the kitchen. Froam wanted me to meet him there." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Um... I suggest you call him master Froam... And sure I can take you!" Why master Froam? Does he make her call him that? I let it slide and smile at her gratefully.

"Thanks Ashley. You help me out so much." I say with a laugh. She smiles a light smile and looks down.

"I try." I follow her out the door. She leads me around different hallways and eventually we come to a double door. "Okay behind these doors is the kitchen. Um... Good luck." She says and walks away.

"Thanks Ashley!" I say and wave to her. I put on a neutral face after that and walk through the door.

I see Froam sitting at a table eating eggs, sausages, bacon, a bagel and other random foods. He is surrounded by men who seem to be acting as guards, why would he need guards in his own house? I frown. He looks up from his plate. "Ah, Kari you finally decide to join me." I look at the ground. I don't even want to be near this man. "Sit."

He motions his hand for me to sit in a chair near him. I walk over and sit down. He slides me a plate of food but I ignore it.

"Kari you need to eat." He says sternly. I just turn my head away from him. He lets out an angry breath. "Well you healed all my men. Good job, I guess you figured out how to use your powers then."