Chapter 13

Bryce's POV:

"You better eat. Not eating won't stop us from killing you." My dad shouts. He smirks a puts his arm on my shoulder. "Alright, lets give the girl some time to recuperate." I nod at him then glare at Kari to give him the impression I'm pissed at her. She gives me a sad look in return. My wolf whimpers knowing that we have hurt her. As much as I hate it, I know that it's needed.

We get out of the room and dad turns around and locks the door. He turns to me and smiles.

"Son, lets go visit your mother. The doctor said she had at least another two months to live, let's go see how she is doing."

I nod at him and we leave the basement and head out to his gray car. He drives to the pack doctor's house and we pull in. Once he parks the car we hop out and head into the hospital like house. "What room is mom in again?" I ask dad.

"Room 43." I nod. Yeah this place is huge, for a house it has over 50 rooms to hold patients and almost 10 operating rooms. We walk down the hall and reach mom's room. Without knocking on the door dad enters. For the first time in over a month I see my mom.

She's reading a book and glances up at us. Her beautiful long blond hair is now really short and kept in a messy bun. Her big beautiful brown eyes have faded, and now look tired and wrinkled, making her look older than 50 when in fact she is only 45.

"Hello boys." She says in a motherly tone. I smile at her and go to her side, kissing her on the cheek and giving her a hug. She places her hand on my face and strokes my cheek. "Oh Bryce, I know it has only been about a month but you look like you have grown so much. Your real parents would have been so proud, just as I am." She says in a sweet voice. I smile at her and grab her hand from my face, holding the fragile thing in my hands.

"It's so nice to see you mom. How are you feeling?" She smiles back at me and shrugs her shoulders.

"I have been better, the new medicine they put me on has made me even more tired than usual." I look at her sympathetically. She partially smiles and adds, "Don't give me that look Bryce, we all know my time will be up soon, so we might as well make the best of it. Don't be sad, be happy alright?" My heart hurts from her words. I love my mom a lot. Even though she's not my biological mom, she will always be my mother in my eyes. She's one of the sweetest woman you could ever meet.

"Honey, don't talk like that." My dad steps off the wall and approaches my mother. "I believe we found you a cure. For good this time." She looks at him and raises and eyebrow.

"Oh no. We are not following another one of your silly legends." She says and shakes her head.

"But honey-" my dad tries to add, but my mom cuts him off again.

"No butts. Love, I know you're hurt by what's happening to me, but believe me when I say this is what's best. It's my time to go soon." My dad doesn't answer that. He looks down at his shoes. "Now come here and spend as much time with me as possible. No more working like a crazy person, spend time with me. It's all I want." She says. I look up at my dad. He stares lovingly into my mom's eyes.

"But there could be a cure for you-"

"No buts Josef. I just want you here. All this time you have been working and left me alone when all I wanted was to spend my last few years with you. Instead you left me here by myself."

His eyes widen, "I was working for you."

"Please stop. I know I'm going to die Josef. I don't want to mess up my fate with whatever things you're planning. Just please, spend time with me." Her eyes are sad and lonely.

I see my dad's heart break with every word. I think he finally understands how mom feels.

"Alright... If that's really what you want I will take less hours at work. Actually I will quit." Mom smiles.