:Chapter 21:

:Dalton:
Isabella walked away with the officer. My gaze landed on Derik. His auburn hair was pushed to the side. I don't know why, but there was something off about him. He seemed inhuman.

I walked towards Derik. Stopping in front of him, I forced a smile at him. "Hi I'm Dalton." I said. Derik looked at me shocked. He smiled at me revealing a perfect row of white teeth. "Hey, it's Derik if you don't know." Derik said with a smile. He acts so, innocent.

"How did you and Isabella meet?" I asked. "Oh, I have amnesia I don't remember anything before age 9, Orchid took us in." Derik said. This is getting weird. I swear at that time some really powerful pack was destroyed. "Oh cool." I murmured.

"I just moved here, I live down the street and heard Isabella scream." Derik said pushing his hair to the side. I nodded. My eyes shot back to the wall. 'Officer Phil any leads?" I mind-linked Phil one of my packs warriors.

'This place reeks of demon, it still does, this wasn't some prank by a jealous she-wolf, this was a real hellhound.' Phil said. I cursed. "What's wrong?" Derik asked. He must know about werewolves. "This was a real hellhound attack." I said.

Derik nodded. "Has Isabella ever done anything to upset or anger hellhounds?" I asked. Derik shook his head. "Isabella tries her best to stay out of anything supernatural." Derik said. Wonder what she'll think when she finds out she's suppose to be the Luna of my pack. Won't that be fantastic. Note my sarcasm.

I looked back at the wall. The guy handing was a werewolf, his wounds were messed up. The hanging finished him off. This was such a peaceful town. No one would dare to attack us. But we had the occasional rogue that decided to be brave.

But since Isabella came our lives suddenly was filled with action. It was no longer a kid maze it was the most confusing maze. A wrong turn could kill you. Isabella flipped this town inside out. In good way and a bad way. Officer Phil started approaching me.

"We'll be keeping an eye on Ms. Knight, we'll have security out here." Phil said. "Why not contact the organization?" Derik asked. We all stared at him. "I know your new but Satan's Assassin is here and we already contacted them, there sending in the best person they got." Andrew said. Derik turned bright red. "Ok." Derik muttered looking down.

Now I felt sympathy for him. Andrew could be a jerk sometimes. But it's a defense mechanism for him since he's an omega. "Hey, make sure she gets top knot security." I said. "There's more important people out there." Phil said. 'Who here is more important than your future Luna.' I demanded. Phil's eyes widened. 'I am so sorry Alpha, we'll have her watched 24/7 there'll be an officer in the house to.' Phil said.

I nodded at him. Phil was a good officer, once given orders. I turned around and my gaze landed on Isabella. She sat on the bed. A black fleece blanket was wrapped around her. I then noticed the ring on her finger.

The metal was black. An endless midnight black. The stone was a deep royal blue. From what I could see there was a knight helmet on it. Probably a family heirloom like my necklace. My eyes shot down to the onyx around my neck. I looked back at the ring. My breath hitched in my throat for a moment. There was a pentagram in the helmet. It was small but noticeable.

It doesn't mean she worships Satan. Pentagrams are common in with witches. Not that Isabella is a witch but Orchid is. It's probably a protection symbol. I smiled at that thought. 'Protect mate.' I couldn't agree with Ash more right now.

My gaze went back to Derik. He had on a bomber jacket and a Nirvanna shirt with Navy blue skinny jeans. Around his neck was a necklace. It was a black cord holding a ruby with three scratch marks on it. "Nice amulet." I said. Derik looked down. "Thanks." Derik said. I feel like I've seen that amulet somewhere before.

I turned around and walked towards Nico. "This was a real hellhound attack." I told Nico. Nico nodded at that. "The guy was a rogue, name was Diablo, he was the gray rogue from before." Nico said.

That might give us some clues. "It might be protecting her." Nico said. Andrew looked at the wall before speaking. "Yeah in some sick way." I nodded at that. The thing turned her house into a crime scene.

"So who's Asian boy?" Rory asked sitting down. "Old friend of Isabella's." I muttered. "Someone's jealous." Rory teased pushing me. I looked down bright red. "Have you even told her yet?" Nico asked. I smiled at him sheepishly. "Nope." I said popping the P.

"When do you plan to tell her?" Rory asked. "When she's not as strong and scary." I said. "So your going mateless." Andrew said. Ash started growling. 'Do that and I will personally kill you.' Even I growled a little. They all laughed at me.

"I can do it." I said. Andrew raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah, go mark her right now." Andrew said. Kadan even was laughing. There was no way I could do that. My gaze went to Isabella. Alana on one side Derik on the other.

"Maybe some other day." I said. "Wimp." Andrew said. I flipped him off. "Derik has a ruby with three scratch marks on it." I said. Rory looked at me. "That's the symbol amulet of Red Claws." Rory said. "Friend probably gave it to him." I said. Rory looked at Derik and nodded.

"Why are hellhounds suddenly appearing?" Noah asked clutching his hair. "I don't know." I said. I looked at Isabella and our eyes met. I wanna protect her but can I really defeat hellhounds. There deadly creatures. I'm only a future Alpha to them being servants of powerful demons and Satan.

But if that's what it takes. I'll fight till the end. Isabella was my only mate after all. There's no second chances for me. I take the first and don't look back. "You haven't marked Orchid." I said to Andrew.

"I've barely even seen her." Andrew said defending himself. I rolled my eyes. "Make an effort to know her then." I said. Andrew flipped me off. I smirked at my twin. "It's like watching the same person fighting." Nico muttered.

I glared at Nico. Nico simply smirked at me. I really wanted to strangle him now. I don't care if he's a Whitewolf.

I watched as a S.W.A.T. team member walked up to Isabella and started talking to her. They led her to her room. Phil walked over to me. "We'll have officers stationed at her house and 2 in her house with a S.W.A.T. member." Officer Phil said. I nodded. "We also set up an alarm system." Phil finished. "Let's go home now, you'll see her in school tomorrow." Nico said.

I stood up and walked out. Kadan jogged up to me. "No worries anything happens to her, I'll go check it out, I do live next door." Kadan said. I watched as Derik walked out and down the street. Someone is concealing Derik's memories. I know it.

So..... Yeah. The picture is Derik's sexy Asian Emo bad boy self. His code name is 'The Knife.' Don't know why though. I cant wait to finish Satan's Assassin. I don't want to finish it but at the same time I do. This is gonna be a series. Until the next chapter my marshmallows.