Rush Hour

-Unedited-

Angelina Skylar Jenkins POV
New York City, New York
Present Day

I closed my eyes for a brief moment before I cursed violently at what was before me. I threw the letter onto the floor and I hurled myself onto my red couch. I looked around me, everything dull in its own nature. Not only was my life a mess, but my jacked up apartment.

"Why!!! " I yelled at nobody in particular, but at the wall happened to be in front of me. This was pathetic. My whole life was. I stared at the letter which was from the owners if this damn apartment. I had forgotten to pay the rent yesterday because I was so busy working, to make a penny just to spend it for this apartment.

"Yoo-hoo, Sky, you there?!" Sarah, my roommate, half yelled as she stumbled into the living room. I groaned in frustration.

"I'd take that as a Yes." She remarked as she plopped beside me.

"What do you want?"

"Humph. Hello to you too by the way. Geez, rude people up in here!" Sarah clicked sticking her tongue out.

She continued. "Well if you don't want to pick up your pathetic ass and come live your life and party with us tonight. I'm leaving!"

I raised a brow showing her my attempt of a sardonic mocking grin. "Living your life to its fullest isn't the definition of partying. Partying at a club is a place for slutty hormonal monkeys, Sarah. Not that I am slut-shaming or anything."

She sighed as she slid into her black pumps. "Honey, you can stay here, and enjoy the night with yourself. Until then, until you figure this out what it means to live your life to its fullest, you know where to find me."

I rolled my eyes, my shoulders slumping. What was wrong in watching T.V shows and some Netflix? Who would ever want to miss an episode of The Vampire Diaries or How To Get Away with Murder?

I felt myself dozing off but didn't stop myself. I let my body fall into this blissful state, sometimes wanting to never wake up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

BUZZZZZZ......

I groaned in frustration as slammed my hand onto my alarm. I lazily open my eyes to be thrown off the bed. It was 7:30 AM, and I was going to be late! I quickly rush into my bathroom, doing my business. I go to my closet and hop into my pencil skirt and tuck in a white blouse.

The shoes!!! Where were all my shoes? I find my Vans and worn out  Converse on the floor, lying there alone and miserable. But unfortunately, no, I couldn't wear them. There was going to be an important meeting and my boss made it clear that I shouldn't come to work again with my Vans. I sighed in agitation as I tried to find my black silhouette heels. I find them and the worst part comes; me trying to walk with those babes.

Actually not walk in them but rather run the stairs down in them, since the bloody elevators were at maintenance this instant. And just to be clear, I frequently had ankle injuries throughout my life, and today wasn't the day for a sprain.

I slip into them, not wasting any more time as I run a brush through my hair. I glanced at the mirror and applied minimum makeup as possible; my concealer and lip gloss. My dull green colored eyes were wide awake by now and my long golden hair was now tamed straight with my brush.