Sacrifices

Chapter Dedication: Tabbypanda    

~~~~~~~~~~~

-Unedited-

Third Person POV
Parga, Greece
Swansea Manor
Present Time

The moments you cherish the most, are the moments that shatter you, when all is forgotten and replaced.

The choices in both of your single palms and the single choice ahead of you, leave you with two choices, no more.

Sometimes the inevitable happens and most times you cannot choose between the two choices that would both satisfy you; either morally or desirably.

When you know the right from the wrong, but the wrong sounds more justifiable for you, despite what everyone thinks.

When you are the selfless one but at a time as such, you want to run away from who you are and be the one that favors your self-interests...the choice that would benefit you for the first time in forever.

Would you let go, perhaps?

Or would you fight till your last breath, knowing you are the loser after all?

Both options seemed wrong to Angelina. They weren't the choices she would choose. She didn't want to fight or let go. She just wanted peace. The idea of dispensing into thin air leaving everything behind seemed surreal but she knew better than that. Why was she fighting the destiny written for her by thee above?

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. But sometimes the wrong choices take us to the right place.

Every thought in Angelina's mind was a contradictory to every other thought racing in her little head. She was lost, confused, and helpless as she watched the fight go on.

Except the thing she had missed to her knowledge, was that Damien and Donavon had taken the dual to another level, hence making it either a win-or-die battle. No one stopped them.

Besides, at the end of the day, everyone made everything personal.

Angelina glanced back at the crowd. No one had stepped out to stop them or interfere. Not even Aileen's mother. Angelina turned her head and spotted Vincent. He was slumped down, pathetically. Nothing on his mind, just self-pity and solemnness.

She had hope that Vincent would stop them and play hero, but he was for sure wasted and uncaring to what might happen to his brother in less than a minute.

The only choice was her. She'd have to step out and tackle Damien to save Donavon. But despite the willingness of her selfless act, her body didn't move an inch.

This was her only chance of escaping but she was compromised both ways. If she were to exit, Damien's men would arrest her. If she were to stop the fight, she'd reveal her true identity, her escape gone to waste.

Her last option; To stay hidden between the crowd and not say a thing until the fight was over and Donovan had been killed. Then from there she would escape as everyone's attention was at the brutal dead corpse of a Capo on Alarina's red plush carpet.

Can she be that lifeless and selfish? Would she be forgiven for her sin or punished for running after her self-interest?

She felt sick down to her stomach as Donavon was blown off onto the floor, unable to move as Damien placed his foot on his bleeding abdominal pressing hard, earning several screams from the crowd.