Bad Luck

N/A: Author's note at the end of the chapter regarding last chapter's questions and confusion! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Uneditied-

"We will be landing in approximately twenty-five minutes."

The tang of her lips still rested on his mouth, aggravated of how his tongue swiped over his lower lip every now and then, savoring the remains of her taste. Just recalling her nudity made him shift feverishly.

"Capo, I don't recommend - "

He had an urge to attach his mouth to her hardened buds, to suckle them until the pressure from her nails made him bleed.

"Capo?"

Luca's face hovered over him, his forehead crinkled in worry. Damien blinked and gestured him away. "What is it you were saying, Luca?"

Luca sighed, running a hand through his coffee hair. "You cannot go by yourself with Mrs. Giovanni to-"

"- Our honeymoon?" Damien's brow exalted in exasperation.

Luca's enormous frame made his distress ridiculous. "Yes - well no. You should have men with you in case of the odds. Going alone is as precarious as –"

"We are done discussing this. Angelina will be under my protection. This is a private island that I own – security is ensured."

In fact, there was an ulterior motive behind this all. Damien didn't reveal the true reason for their destination. Their "honeymoon" was the concealment.

Luca lamented, bowing his head. "As you wish, master."

Damien worked his hand across his face, exhaling. He needed to sleep but he couldn't when he knew that Angelina was in the other room. He became frenzied, wanting to do things that he had tamed himself not to do. Took him months of resilience and meditation to control his urge for anything sensual...

Couple months back, before Angelina, Damien was a mess. From having women during his breakfast, lunch, and dinner – to alcohol (but not to the point where he was an addict), and to torturing people when he was not feeling elated. Not the pivotal point of his life until he learned he couldn't take control over his father's power until he got his shit together and married Angelina.

This all traversed to his meeting with a friend of his – who left the mafia life to retreat in the mountains of Tibet – becoming some guru.  He had guided him into a life of awareness - enhancing his senses and activating his abilities.

But now, his self-control was tested by his raging thoughts that fantasized about Angelina. She had triggered this – and he didn't know why. Many women had tried to arouse Damien into temptation after his healing – but they abruptly failed.

Maybe because you're attracted to Angelina... A thought clawed the back of his consciousness.

Damien shook his head. He wasn't attracted to Angelina. This was all a façade until he got what he needed.

He could deny that she had grown on him though. Her safety was his priority. It was pathetic how she was the one that would make his dreams come true – absolute power. Not to add that she was the only one that could give him a powerful heir later on. No one was as qualified as her – and she would soon learn that.

He unfastened his seatbelt and traveled to Angelina's room. Not bothering to knock, he entered inaudibly, relishing Angelina's passed out form. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he stroked her head, moving the hair from her face to behind her ear. "Angelina," He softly repeated until her eyes stretched awake.