You Just Know It

Chapter Dedication:  Minzy_Jimin

~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Unedited-

Third Person POV

Damien's Personal villa

Amalfi Coast, Italy

Present Day

"Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Ironic, isn't it? I asked you the same thing a week ago.

"You keep fighting. Don't you ever get tired?" Vincent murmured, tapping some ointment onto Angelina's forehead. He had waited for her to bathe, loitering outside the door in case she needed something. He had changed into one of Damien's clean undershirts since he smelled a bit musty from his prior workout.

"- We're all flames. One day my flame will die out and so will yours."

His fixed gaze lowered to meet her wounded green orbs. Those eyes of hers, he could melt within them for eternity. He cleared his throat."Your flame right now, how is it?"

"It's whipping back and forth. The wind wants to blow it out, but my flame is naturally violent - "

A pause.

" - But soon enough, the air will blow it clear. How about yours?"

"Mine died a long time ago." He confessed, wiping his fingers with a towel.

"You have nothing to live for?"

"No. You?"

"Not really. But that doesn't matter. I want to live for myself." Angelina conferred, rubbing her eyes.

"You're strong but almost at your breaking point. The storm is yet to come and your acute flame won't thrive."

Angelina straightened up her spine, the tone of her voice afflicted. "This is where we're different. Watch it....watch it bloom through the waters and the air. Nothing can blow it out. At least not now. And if it does – I'll imagine a new flame and take ahold of it."

"You don't deserve this."

"You don't either."

"- Why are you still here? You could have left a long time ago." She inquired, watching a solemn shadow take over his features.

"I can't. My brother needs me at his side."

"You must love him so much to stay for a person as such."

"Do you care for him?" Vincent suddenly asked his eyes trained on the indoor plant beside the door, not allowing himself to be swallowed with her gaze.

"Who?" Angelina's brow arched.

"My brother, Damien."

"Why would you ask me such question?" She stammered, further nettled.

"I want to know. Do you care for him?" He repeated, his voice low, symbolic to the dim lighting of the room they conversed in.

Not wanting to hurt Vincent's feeling with the cold hard truth, she opened her mouth."I care about him as much as cares for me."

"Then you care for him a lot."

Her breath cut short, her eyebrows furrowing. "How dare you even say that- ?"