The Truth

-Unedited-

3rd Person POV
Damien's Personal Villa
The Amalfi Coast, Italy
Present Day

Vincent folded his arms as he sat onto the wooden chair. "You screwed up." He simply said, his eyes intently following his older brother.

Damien scowled as he paced, hand engulfed in his dark thick hair. He let a sign of agitation.

"You don't understand a single damn thing."

Vincent's mouth puckered in the raw silence that hung between them.

"That doesn't excuse what you did. Tell me, do you want to have what mother and father had? An unhealthy-"

"Shut Up!" Damien growled not letting Vincent continue on with the brutal truth.

Vincent continued watching Damien, pace in his study.

"I just don't ..... I don't want this." Damien finally admitted, his eyes saddened by the decision of his demented father.

Vincent nodded allowing Damien release all his anger and emotions. Vincent pondered why he hadn't been to college and became a therapist. It would of been a healthier and normal life for him.

Damien continued. "The companies and everything was supposed to be all mine until this.." He threw his hands in the air before continuing, "....before this mere girl who slashes with her fiery mouth."

He grabbed a glass crystal cup and smashed it onto the ground, exhaling. Vincent simply continued to observe. It was better for him not to intrude his brother while he tried to let it all out.

"..All my hard work gone by a mere girl! "

Vincent abruptly signs, standing up.

"And perhaps you never thought about what this girl has been going through. It was not her fault that her family bargained her, or that your investment would be on the line. She was kidnapped, taken away, almost killed and suffered in the basement. Not to remind you all just because you were selfish and egocentric bastard."

Another glass was hurled.

"...And now, all you have done was the opposite of everything, despite knowing that one mistake like this one would mean that you would lose everything. All because of what? Your soaring ego or your-"

Damien's hands crushed onto the wooden desk. "Don't you dare blame this on me!"

Vincent crossed his arms. "Then who is at fault, Damien?"

The inquiry seemed to hang in the air, but luckily the genuine grandfather clock made up for it with it's heavy striking ticks and chimes.

"Get out, fratello."

His brother leaves without a word, knowing if he didn't, Damien would choose the wrong choice. After all, he and his brother never asked for this type of lifestyle.

He closes his eyes as his brother's words echoed through his mind. Deep down he truly knew that the girl had nothing to do with this, but was the only thing in his way to release his anger at. He in fact admired her fiery sass and mouth.

She defied him when on one else did. He snorted. After all she was the reason of his loss.

He suddenly shuffled through his papers, finding his phone. He tapped a few times on his phone and locked the door before slopping himself onto the couch, listening carefully as the phone call repeated its self a week ago.

He heard himself answer the phone.

"Hello?"

His father's deep voice replied, hesitation not evident.