Sweet and Bitter | Part Two

Chapter Dedication:  TheBitchVoldyloves   

~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Unedited-

Angelina's POV

Parga, Greece

Swansea Manor

Present Time

"Madam Aileen, your keys," I mumbled underneath my breath as I stood next to her. She nudges my leg secretly, gesturing to place the keys in her clutch in a discreet manner. I do so and then she steps closer to me to whisper something.

"Why do you have a shawl over your head? You never said you were religious."

I gulped, enjoying the feeling of the light fabric that was meant to go on your shoulders, be put on my head.

Obviously, she didn't know the difference between a shawl and a hijab.

Pathetic dumbass.....

"I have an ear infection!" I whisper back, coughing slightly to emphasize the need of covering my ears since she did not seem to comprehend anything with the word 'religion'.

Her eyes narrow onto the pair of glasses that rested on the bridge of my nose.

"I had contacts," I lied, my hands twitching in anticipation, pushing up the glasses further up my nose.

She simply scoffs at my excuses and stands up mighty high at the lobby of the manor, waiting quietly, with all her other siblings and family members, who also stood on the sidelines of the carpet and hall.

Why were they all standing on the sidelines like that?

This wasn't a fucking coronation for Damien fucking Giovanni.

I double cough a second time and open my mouth to excuse myself, but stop in my tracks when I see Luca coming towards us, predator style.

"Smile!" Aileen jabbed me, causing me to look down, pushing the shawl over, so it covered most of my face.

It is okay, he won't notice who you are....

"Madam Aileen, you look vibrant as always." He clasped her hand in his and placed a skimming tender kiss onto it. I shuddered inwardly, gagging, at the seductive look she offered him.

"Who must this be?"

Fuck.

"This is Ariana, my to-be personal assistant. She is the person we shall knight tonight."

Still looking down, I nod my head in his direction and he senses the awkwardness so he doesn't press to give me a kiss on my hand. He just rubs the back of his head and suddenly walks away, greeting others.

I was jabbed with her same scrawny elbow again. "Stop being a prude! You are making me look weird next to you!"

Great, hoe-nation rules now....

"Well, I am sick so I do not want to infect anyone. Like right now I have to throw up, so you better excuse me before I hurl onto you, drenching you with my sweet vomit and-"